That akward stage

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Daeguk, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Daeguk New Member

So I'm just griping here, but for the longest time I've felt like EQ needs a better brand of weapon for the lower mid levels like 45-64, just seems like weapon choices are really limited before 65 and melee specific classes have to struggle through with low damage output. I know how easy it is to find a PL especially on FV but not all of us like to go that route.
  2. Aurastrider Augur

what kind of stats are you talking about? IMO the gear for pre 60 is extremely over powered compared to the mobs you are fighting. The defiant weapons are usually easy to obtain or rather cheap in the bazaar. Add to that mercs that are over powered for those levels and its almost pointless to do any upgrades before level 60. Just following TSS zones and doing some of the quests along the way someone could casually go from 1-60 in a couple days and get some free upgrades along the way.
  3. Daeguk New Member

Not sure what exactly would be needed to help, don't get me wrong the armor is fine, but as a 45 monk my best options until lvl 65 are pretty much 10 dmg 18 delay weapons and it feels like it's taking forever to kill anything. There are a couple of better options (but not much better) if one wants to spend a few hundred thousand plat, but I don't really feel like spending that much on gear pre 65 or 70.
  4. Scorrpio Augur

There is a fair amount of 2hb low level monk weapons with far better ratios. Heck even flawed defiant greatstaff is like 29/35
  5. Daeguk New Member

Suppose I could go 2 hander, though I was trying to avoid it.
  6. Aurastrider Augur

at level 48 you can upgrade to intricate defiant handwarps 12dmg 19delay at 59 elaborate defiant quickclaw 17dmg 19delay and I am sure there are other named drops and such that are better than these. Its doubtful they are going to go back and adjust weapon damage or add new weapons for those level ranges. They already made TSS which basically made levels 1-60 easy mode. If you are killing in other areas this might be the issue.
  7. Daeguk New Member

Probably right, wanted to run velks lab but I guess I'll have to hit Gorukar.