Thanks for Gates on Phinigel

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ryak, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Ryak Augur

I just wanted to say that GoD has been AMAZING on Phinigel thanks to DBG doing some hard things:

(1) Listening to the community not to bundle it
    (2) Instancing all the progression raid content

And IMHO it's resulted in GoD being one of the best if not the best expansion so far fun-wise. Looking forward to OoW, DoN, AND appropriate instancing of open world raid progression content (e.g. Master Vule) for DoDH (hint hint nudge nudge) as it comes ;)
  2. Machentoo Augur

Can't agree more. Also, obligatory dickish comment, we told you so. Surprise surprise, Gates was NOT too hard for the player base.
    Prathun likes this.
  3. Coppercoz Augur

Agreed, with the possible exception of the ukun bloodfeaster. Whoever designed that encounter should be sacked. :p
    Prathun likes this.
  4. Brady New Member

+1

Thanks for the time and effort.
    Prathun likes this.
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

After it's been nerfed at least 3 times, and player power has increased by as much or more, not at all.
    Sumonerr_Tunare and Illusory like this.
  6. Spooky Augur

lol what
  7. malaki Augur

Yeah, I don't really get what the issue with our Feasting friend is.
  8. FippyWasAlpha New Member

Mr Gampars himself, what guild was able to land you on these tlps?
  9. Machentoo Augur

Yes, well, since those are precisely the reasons we argued it wouldn't be too hard, I can't disagree.
  10. -wycca Augur

Encounter is fine, we've done it (including killing all spawns) with like 30ish before with maybe 1-2 deaths. I think 35ish or so is our best flawless.
  11. Adonhiram Augur

Hey People of Phinny, were there issues or bottlenecks in open world zones like Kod-Taz which are required for everyone individually for progression ?
  12. malaki Augur

Not very often at all. And not everyone needs KT progression unless you're talking about the BiC.
  13. Machentoo Augur

The only thing that is required for everyone individually outside of instanced raid content is tipt. The rest of progression is just to be able to request raids. And apparently even that isn't necessary any more.
  14. -wycca Augur

KT is instanced on Phinny, so this bypasses alot of potential bottlenecking.

There is a pretty severe problem with the summoners ring bugging out though. There's two bugs here, 1) a golem can spawn under the world, usually you can send pets to attack it though since it spawns close to the surface & usually attacks a few people, or 2) something misfires and the hexxt guy spawns with the initial golems which locks the summoner bugging the entire event & it sits up with golems chain spawning. I sent in some pretty detailed descriptions of what was going on, and I know it got read, but that was pre-GoD on Phinnie, and it's bugged out in open world the two times we tried it there.
  15. Aegir Augur

Happened to us the first and only time we tried this OW. You can brute force and stick to the event plan and get some Glyphs by killing deranged supreme stoneservants before getting overwhelmed.
  16. nostalgicfool Augur

Sorry to disagree but this expansion is probably the worst thing an MMO can offer.

1) The "city"in abysmal sea look like if dev placed randomly npc in some werid decor, there is no lore nothing.It is absolute garbage.
    2) The zones look horrible and they use what 5-6 mob models, i have zero immersion feeling there.
    3) The raid are plainly stupid, mostly gear check and group heal check ... zzzzz, even the most basic everquest 2 raid are more entertaining.
    4) The group trials are ? well trivial, boring ... I did them once and never returned.
    I had more fun chain pulling in Velk lab or even camping crushbone throne room.
    5) Quests are obscure, and i decided to simply skip them, sorry i don't do quest if i need to open my broswer and check for the 20 drops that i need.

Overall I would rate GOD 1/10 (or may be zero).

Velious had great stories, so many zones (velk, siren grottos, crystaline caverns) and remoted places like eastern wastes. I still remember reaching the dragon bridge in western waste after a long trip .. And thurgadin and the evil giant city.

God is just missing everything that made everquest ... A grand flop.
  17. malaki Augur

So we have 1 vote for easy tank and spank content and everyone else seems to like somewhat challenging content. Sounds about right.
  18. -wycca Augur

Ok, so there's a 3rd variant then. The two times we saw this bug (once on test, once on live), we never got the glyph guys after killing hexxt - was stuck on the greater/lesser chain popping.
  19. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I believe the issue is caused by, if the Grand Summoner is killed before the golems, they won't trigger whatever part of the script that stops the respawn. If you wait for the Grand Summoner to respawn you can eventually fix the event if you have enough dps / tanking to kill them properly again before the GS.

The one golem spawning under the world isn't the direct cause of the bug as far as I could tell, but it leads to the bug because guilds don't realize there is another golem and kill the GS with one golem still alive, thus breaking it.
  20. Adonhiram Augur

Oh the GamParse guy /bow to your work, thank you !