Thank you for wasting my DKP

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Yimin, Feb 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reht The Dude abides...

This. This is also an easier route for a newer member to get current raid gear if they can afford to make the gear, even though it's not quite as good, since there is much less competition for the augs then there is for the raid visibles.
  2. Sancus Augur

Not quite that much (more in the 12-20K range), but certainly enough to warrant the stat downgrade IMO. Personally I'm using TDS T3 group over CotF T1 Raid (and have forgone CotF T2 raid) because of the extension.
  3. Yimin Augur

Player made raid armor always been close with raid armor in focus hp and mana , but it always had more AC .....even for us silk users :)

Sorry too hear you are allowed to treat people in such a harsh fashion in your guild by yelling at them , plus it is good I finish in top 10 of parse for my guild often ..And I also have BP with clicker just too let you know :)

Yimin
  4. Vlerg Augur

What about the focus on the BP? please consider raid bosses are tuned around 16k AC tank running defensive disc hence, having 7k AC or 11k AC on a silk class dosen't change anything at all.

don't take it the wrong way...

but being in the top 10 only matter if there's atleast 10 good DPSer; i saw guilds where the top 3 would outdps number 4 to 10 ( and in that case, being 8 isn't exactly an achievement...)
    Sancus likes this.
  5. Silv Augur

As an Enchanter with 10k AC / almost 12k AC buffed, I can tell you that complaining about the loss is kindof Lulz. It's not going to matter. Losing out on purity, foci, and other stats for the small AC boost isn't worth wasting raid merit/dkp on a *full* set of raid cultural IMO. Looking at your Magelo, you're only at 8.6k AC even with these higher AC items. Then, if you were really concerned about survivability to the extent you've prioritized your gear choices around it, why aren't you using all hAgi augs with AC? You aren't even at 400 hAgi. Most of your non-visible slots aren't the Enchanter template either so you're losing lots of AC, hAgi, and HP there. If you're dead set on going in one direction, you need to go all the way.

This was a fix, not a nerf. Aside from a quick and easy temporary upgrade, the only TDS cultural I'd go in for is to cover a second bracer slot (after getting a Darkwater bracer) unless you're a necro/SK/Sham.
    Iila likes this.
  6. Brohg Augur

Good clerics need one cultural slot (gloves is typical, bracer works fine too) to focus their Intervention nukes, which are aggravatingly Prismatic instead of magic/chromo to go with foci on class armor.
  7. Sancus Augur

This is a hell of a lot more important, considering how craptastic most of our recent clicks have been (still using my SoD raid robe...). A couple of seconds on an RS pet is money, though.

This was my first thought upon reading that. Not to say that this is necessarily the case, but without context "top 10" isn't a particularly helpful metric.
  8. Silv Augur

Good to know! Thought Clerics got switched over to mostly all Chromatic like Enchanters and I certainly didn't realize players even got Prismatic spells now :p

He's in CT so I'm guessing top 10 is *top* 10 in the deeps department... of course there have been plenty of cases where high end guilds were major suck but I've been around CT a long time and not known that to be the case.
  9. Yimin Augur

I have more then one set of Armor I even have a set just for corruption , I also have so many augs for some many different reasons I will in time get a full set of TDS raid armor ....And this was a nerf if you look at all raid armor and compare it too player made armor with full raids augs , the player made always had a lot more AC ...

I have a BP clicker if you are a great raider you have more then one BP click as a Mage ,many older BP have different Clicks there is a lot of tricks to get MAX dps ,BP is a nice little bonus and I have many of them , if you are in one of the best guilds in EQ and you finish in the top ten for dps parse you are doing great , and IMO Crimson Tempest is one of the best raiding guilds ......And by the way I never take a civilized discussion the wrong way :)

But as my very first post says in this thread I am not happy they take away so much AC from August player made raid armor ...

Yimin
  10. Brohg Augur

Focus, not click. Focus. Focus effect. Not click. No one uses the crappy click. Focus effect.
  11. Brohg Augur

Magic on the lines of:
    undead nuke,
    Awe stun,
    regular nuke,
    Sound stun,
    undead dot,
    PB AE,
    PB AE stun,
    Glorious (twinheal) nuke, and
    Contravention nuke
    (of these, only the last two get heavy use)

Chromatic on:
    Chromo nuke

Prismatic on:
    Intervention nuke (used tons even in "pure" healing situations)

The prismatic thing is pretty terrible, it's functionally more resistable than any other single element. Would be way better either chromo or magic, even setting aside the problem of getting a focus :/ No other player spells are prismatic that I'm aware of.
  12. Yimin Augur

Many were talking about Clicker and focus no idea why you keep saying focus focus focus , by the way Mage click on BP is very good from TDS ,BP Click plus AA Virulent talon pet will be hitting hard and keeping agro so you can burn a named too the ground , so IMO it is far from crappy , also the player made raid armor focus is also great just 2 percent difference between that and TDS raid .... And for some that is good enough until they can get the raid armor ....

Yimin
  13. Sancus Augur

The click for the TDS robe is pretty bad. It only procs on bash, and water pets don't bash, so it's really awful for raids. As far as burning down named go, Silent Casting should remove any aggro issues, and adding extra procs to your pet doesn't help burst DPS because it slows down VT.

The focus we're referring to is the RS pet focus on your robe, which is not available on cultural. Considering (as you said) we have better robe clicks from prior expansions, the focus on the Robe is the important part.
    Spellfire likes this.
  14. Yimin Augur

Silent casting has a 12 minute cool down so is not always up and , and since I was talking about named not raid boss I use Earth pet not Water pet , nothing wrong with using BP and VT .And if you read this post you will see I have the Raid Robe from TDS ....But like I said to Brohg people in this chat are talking about click and focus ..And this thread was about AC on silk armor and the line DayBreak used is Player made raid armor should be more consistent , so why is it so much lower in mana and HP if what they claim is they want too make it consistent with TDS raid armor ?

Yimin
  15. Cindayen Elder

So tell me, how does AC help silkies? Im pretty sure we get 1 rounded no matter what. So, does AC on caster cultural really help? Doubt it, so this whole forum is worthless. Not DayBreaks fault that you wasted DKP.../shrug.
  16. Cindayen Elder

I guess my next question is, why on earth do you use the earth pet on a raid? Pets cant tank raid named anymore. They take damage spikes way to often now, mitigation isn't as good as it was. So why do you insist on trying to get pets to tank raids?
    Iila, Silv, Enkel and 1 other person like this.
  17. Silv Augur

In the case of Magicians, it (cultural) usually comes out to be higher AC... by like 10 points. I wouldn't consider that "a lot" more AC.

TDS was supposed to have two tiers of raid armor. One tier (T1) was scrapped because "reasons". Every expac since forever has generally put cultural armor as ~T1.5 in stats. Therefore, it should be inferior to the Darkwater armor pieces. As mentioned on the first page, the extra AC/stats was a copy+paste error.

Wow... I can't remember the last time I saw an Earth pet on a raid! :eek:
    Enkel and Cindayen like this.
  18. Iila Augur

I can!
    Last time we did OMM Vox for brews.

I guess 12 characters counts as a raid, right?
    Cindayen likes this.
  19. Cindayen Elder

Yeah...i don't think i've ever seen one on a raid. Last guild i was in that pet tanked, the second i found out i left and told em to F off....lol.
    Silv likes this.
  20. Enkel Augur

[IMG]

I'll make sure to adopt these strats for RoI and implement them asap.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.