TesT

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by 1018_01, Oct 26, 2016.

1. 1018_01 Elder

Hi, you used to be able to go to test when live went down. Now the launcher is blocked by a maintenance tag. Is there a way to bypass ? Couldn't find anything in eq files to do it.

Thanks
  2. Cactuszach Elder

Oh don't you get TesT with me, buster!
  3. Brudal Augur

4. R3cipr0city New Member

I attempted to use this extra dialogue to bypass the launcher, but it didn't work. The launcher still came up and didn't allow me in.
  5. 1018_01 Elder

Guess I should have set it up and logged in before they went down, lesson learned :)
  6. Mandzi New Member

Any Idea on where I could look to see when the approx time servers are up, Just installed the game and was hoping to get it patched before they went live but the launcher is completely launched =(
  7. Raytan Augur

R3cipr0city. The shortcut going to your test server EQ directory needs to have the target changed from "launchpad" to "eqgame.exe." Ensure the rest of the target line is pointing at your test directory and not your normal EQ directory. After the "eqgame.exe" add "patchme". Add this after your target line which is in quotes. Add patchme after the last quote and don't put it in quotes. This should bypass the launch pad and take you the old way of logging into EQ for the Test Server. Hope this helps.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. R3cipr0city New Member

So, it's possible that once the servers are up, I can run this new shortcut with the added dialogue and it'll work in the future when the servers are down?

Because that would be lovely. I downloaded EQ2, and have been fiddlin' on that, but it's not the same. The NPCs talk. What's all this then?
  9. R3cipr0city New Member

So would I just go into the folders in my directory and create a shortcut there? Or replace the dialogue in the shortcut properties target line?
  10. R3cipr0city New Member

I just removed the launchpad.exe and typed in eqgame.exe in the target line. Totally worked... so far.
  11. Raytan Augur

Sorry, assumed you had already made the shortcut, but making it for the "eqgame.exe" file in your test folder works. You don't really need a different folder for test, but things get rough if you don't. If you log in for test, you get a lot of patches for the test server, then logging in to lives replaces those with live patches. Then bypassing the launch pad can make things worse. Easier to just have two different directories for live and test. Glad things are working.
  12. Brudal Augur

Generally if using live and test, separate directories are beneficial (to keep from continually overwriting certain files) as well as separate shortcuts to patch (via launchpad) or to bypass the patcher (with eqgame). If live or test has been patched and doesn't match your current files, bypassing the patcher will not work
  13. R3cipr0city New Member

Well, it did and didn't. Didn't see the test server as an option once I logged in to my account. I guess I'll just go do real life until they give me back my bow.

Siiiiigh.
  14. Raytan Augur

Odd, I do see test as my only choice. Maybe because I've logged on there before. Not sure, you'll need better information than I can give. Do remember to change that target line back to "launchpad" and get rid of the patchme if you do log on to Test in the future. You'll want to get Test patches for that directory when the Devs put them up. Luck.
  15. Ethereal Augur

I think it's kinda dumb they block all functions of the launchpad just because live is being updated.

Anyone know of a workaround via INIs to get the launchpad to load as test?
  16. Malbro Augur

Just tried to get onto Test via the eqgame.exe patchme and the log in server is not working.
  17. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Test is up and I've been on it since yesterday. You need to click the gear icon on the patcher for your Test folder in order to be able to log into Test so if you haven't done that yet then you can't until they get the patcher/launcher back up.

I never use the launcher aside from patching on patch days myself and haven't for many years.
  18. Febb Augur

You can't use the launcher to get to test while the servers are down. The patcher removes the icon to switch from live to test during maintenance.

I have my live folder and my test folder. I just run the patchme addition to my eqgame.exe in my test folder and I can get in no problem.