Test Update 9/26/2023 - New Bugs Only

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Sep 26, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EQ Dev Developer

This thread is for new bugs and how to reproduce them only. Please keep all opinions, discussions, posts about balance, and anything else in the other thread.
    Patch notes and discussions thread
  2. Thunderkiks Augur

Still cannot log on to test with a Windows 7 machine.
  3. Jondalar Augur

I gave up on that and updated to 10. Got in but have lots of crashing problems anyway. You can still upgrade to 10 for free.
    Hobs likes this.
  4. Kilzadi Not an Uber

I have the same problem. As soon as I press Play the window opens and closes without ever seeing the server select. The only mentions in the dbg.txt log of something going wrong are "Dump generation request succeeded" and "Fatal error occurred in mainthread! (Release Client #630)". I'm not sure if it's useful (or how to provide it) but I am able to capture a 60.5MB dmp file before it gets deleted. The file vanishes as soon as the EQ window closes so you have to be ready to grab it as soon as it appears.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  5. Jondalar Augur

Is this on a laptop?
  6. Jondalar Augur

As a followup to the previous 9/19 thread and my crashes. After todays test patch I was able to login. Both with and without posteffects on.On both my laptop and desktop. did a bunch of zoning, killed some mobs and no issues.
    Badchanter, Cairbrae and Nennius like this.
  7. Kilzadi Not an Uber

Desktop
  8. Shredd Augur

9. Thunderkiks Augur

I have 3 computer with that same crash. 1 laptop and 2 desktops. All 3 are the exact same crash.
  10. Shredd Augur

I logged out my other account from live and re-did test and it works fine now. . so just could not have an account on live up.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It sounds like you used the same install for both live and test which was the issue as they will patch and use the same files. If you have a separate directory for live/test/beta you can run players on live and test at the same time.
    Svann2 and Hobs like this.
  12. Badchanter New Member

Still having texture blend issues. Running Windows 10 Pro. Load times seem to be better tho!

Side note, if you are still on Windows 7 thats not even supported by Microsoft anymore, just upgrade. You can find windows 10 for pretty cheap now. (AKA less than 25$ or even free)
    Hobs likes this.
  13. Badchanter New Member

Do all of these have Windows 7? Have you deleted your EQ.ini?
  14. Khorden Journeyman

*EDIT* I'm on Windows 10 and using a Radeon 5700xt.

Lighting is slightly..off, but I think it looks better in some ways. Lighting in the DX9 client with Faerune tends to be too intense and overexposed. In the new client it's more subtle. I assume it's due to something in the lighting pipeline not working right. DX11 looks more like old EQ vs newer EQ. Notice how on the screenshots below the lighting on the pillars and stone structures, the walls, grass, etc. Also, thank you for the viewport fix!

I am noticing some weird outlines on certain environmental objects. Here is an example of what I am seeing in the DX11 client.Notice the outline of the tree.
    [IMG]

Now look at how it looks in the DX9 client:
    [IMG]
    Hobs likes this.
  15. Angahran Augur

Hobs, Badchanter and Skuz like this.
  16. Badchanter New Member

Crashed placing item in guildhall. Not sure what the issue was.

Also kept saying in RED TEXT: "You are out of sync with...."
  17. Jondalar Augur

Do you have multiple video cards or onboard and a card?
  18. Jondalar Augur

Can confirm free.
    Badchanter likes this.
  19. Thunderkiks Augur

I have several computers. My desktops only have one card, the laptop has 2. The laptop has been set to using the Nvdia card since 2015.
  20. bobokatt Augur

I have OLD hardware on my main comp to run EQ. EQ is installed and has ALWAYS been installed on a separate SSD, totally separate from my C: main windows (Multiple installs for different clients, TEST and BETA).

When I installed Win10 on a new SSD (as Win7 no longer works for me), I simply launched EQ from the fresh install of Win10 and the SSD that just has my games. As long as I updated the Directx drivers (from all the folks that posted the links), the C++ lib and updated to the latest Radeon drivers for my ancient RX 480, EQ runs like a dream. I never had any of the crashing. Just some textures look wonky from ornaments on armour and weapons.

On a side note, I bought hardware for a totally new build. I mean I just jumped like 13 generations of CPUs/RAM/mobo! Can I say that EQ runs exactly the same as before? All my other games are smoking, but EQ was GOOD before and is GOOD now. I see no difference but I guess that is a good thing.
    Badchanter likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.