Test Update 9/19/2023 - New Bugs Only

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Sep 19, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EQ Dev Developer

This thread is for new bugs and how to reproduce them only. Please keep all opinions, discussions, posts about balance, and anything else in the other thread.
    Patch notes and discussions thread
  2. Sdoofbuc Augur

Crashed to desktop when trying to zone into Vergalid Mines.

Sky=0 is set in my eqclient.ini. So that had no effect.

I'll wait 15-20 minutes and try to "Return Home" from character select screen.
    Cairbrae likes this.
  3. Sdoofbuc Augur

I tried to "Return Home" from the character select screen. I clicked "Yes" on the prompt to take me to my home city. And it crashed to desktop.

Any suggestions on how I can get back in?
  4. Captain Video Augur

On the good news side, the blue tint is gone.
    Andarriel likes this.
  5. bobokatt Augur

The Draconic ornaments (armor) and Restless Ice ornaments (armor) are still a mess. Some parts are see-through. Their "fire" effect or flames also do not show up. They did before on character select and in game. Not a deal breaker. Also some weapon ornaments just make you appear NOT to have weapons equipped.
    Proponent likes this.
  6. Feljar New Member

I crash to desktop trying to zone into ToL Maiden’s Eye. Tried multiple times, on multiple different accounts. Sky turned off.

Update: deleting Eqclient.ini worked. I was able to log in with all accounts.
  7. Sdoofbuc Augur

Where you able to log back into your character?

Mines stuck in Vergalid Mines and I have no way to get into the game.

Trying to "Enter World" into Vergalid Mines crashes to desktop. Trying to "Return Home" also crashes to desktop.
  8. Sdoofbuc Augur

I fixed it!

I deleted my eqclient.ini file and now I can login.

I'm running around Vergalid Mines right now.

I do see Sky Type was set back to "Simple". Not sure if that has anything to do with it.
    Cairbrae likes this.
  9. Thunderkiks Augur

Still cannot log on test with Windows 7 machine. I have DirectX 11, I have the update for C++ and it still just gives me a black screen after I press play. Takes about a minute and then closes and Im back to the desktop. Also when it does this is bogs down my internet that I have a podcast running and it stops completely until the black screen goes away. You list Windows 7 being on the minimum requirements.
    brickz and Knifen like this.
  10. Mysl Augur

Viewport still having issue with names and models.
    To reproduce:
    1. Set viewport : /viewport 270 0 1150 680 1
    2. Set to first person view
    3. As you approach to PC/NPC, notice the name start moving to the left of the toons
    4. As you backing off from the PC/NPC, notice the name start moving to the right of the toons

This is on a system running Window 11 Home OS build 2261.2283
    Processor 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700F 2.10 GHz
    Video : RTX 3060
    Xeladom and Barton like this.
  11. Ryona New Member

Overseer looks weird when I retire agents. All the color coding for the list of agents goes away after I retire someone. It ends up being the same marbled black as on the right hand side of the screen. It fixes itself when I scroll.
  12. Angahran Augur

Just at the character select screen seeing 'tearing', lines of distorted/corrupted graphics flashing across the entire screen.
  13. Riou EQResource

The borders on the continents in the Atlas with dx11 are broken as well

On live the borders of them fade/blur into the background where as on Test it is just raw color with no blur/fade out and looks pretty rough in comparison
    Cairbrae likes this.
  14. Cairbrae Developer

Try setting this variable in your eqclient.ini (next time). I'd like feedback on this change from players who can't Return Home successfully.

TextureCache=FALSE
  15. Cairbrae Developer

Please IM me your Logs\dbg.txt file so I can confirm some of your information.

For Windows7, you have to correctly update to Windows 7 SP1 and then to Platform Update for Windows 7 in order to have DirectX 11 properly installed and configured.

Windows Update should offer you Windows 7 SP1, it is a recommended update option. If you have this already, then you need to install the Platform Update for Windows 7, a link is provided below. If you have both of these, then your dbg.txt file will be helpful.

Windows 7 Platform Update: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36805

Windows 7 SP1: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ck-1-sp1-b3da2c0f-cdb6-0572-8596-bab972897f61

Windows 7 update details: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...c-b21f-ebb0-838f7be8d9f6#bkmk_additional_info
  16. Cairbrae Developer

We have a known bug where Post Effects can cause a crash in certain zones (e.g. thulehouse1). I recommend disabling Post Effects until we update the Test server again.

In eqclient.ini change it to off (0) before launching the EQ client:
    PostEffects=0
    If you're in game, then in Options (ALT-O), Display, Advanced, uncheck Enable Post Effects.
    niente and Nennius like this.
  17. MasterMotor1 New Member

Still unable to login just crashes before char select Windows 10 Pro 32gb Ram 1050ti AMD FX 8350black edition all directX files are up to date. Worked fine prior to update
    menown likes this.
  18. Sdoofbuc Augur

I did a cut and paste of my eqclient.ini.

I checked my old eqclient.ini. It had TextureCache=TRUE

New eqclient.ini does not have that setting at all.
    Cairbrae likes this.
  19. Soulbanshee Augur

When it's using the default value, nothing gets written out to the ini file for a lot of options, until its changed in game by the player. Hitting "restore defaults" in the game config wizard, texture caching is off.
    Cairbrae likes this.
  20. bobokatt Augur

Just to be clear -- NOTHING that I have tried to get Windows 7 Pro SP1 working with this Dx11 change, has worked. After many here blasted me for still being on Win7, I went out and bought Win10 Pro, and an additional 500 SSD. I did NOT want to install over my current Win7. My local store had both 10 and 11, I just went with 10 as my OLD system I doubt would run 11.

I did a full new install of Win10 pro (again on the same computer that has win 7 -- Intel 2700K 32GB RAM AMD RX 480 and SSD) on the new SSD standalone.

After installing Win 10 and doing all the updates, EQ would not start. Installed the latest Directx patch and C++ that some have linked in these various pages and still nada. Installed the latest drivers for my AMD RX 480 and everything worked perfectly. So although Win10 had my RX 480 drivers installed that came with Win 10 I guess, those would not do the trick until I downloaded and installed the latest from AMD.

No amount of work on windows 7 works. No SP1, no platform, no C++, no direct X and no new driver. I had ALL the updates A LONG time ago on my Win 7 system. There is NO update that I can further install. Maybe if I were to install a FRESH copy of win7, install all the patches fresh and then drivers, directx, C++ yada yada, MAYBE it would work but I just don't have the energy and at this point, it's no longer needed.

I had asked in these forums if there was ONE... JUST ONE person that got their current Windows 7 box to work with the recent Directx 11 changes. Crickets... so I believe it's just not happening. Again if anyone has PLEASE let me know for fun and giggles. I do thank the Devs for trying to help those few of us on Win 7 and older computers.

So for now I just reboot and change boot drive if I want to be on Test. When the changes come to Live, I will just do that I guess.

Note I never had to change ANYTHING on my eq folder. Never deleted the eqclient.ini. When i was able to log into Eq on test on the new Win10, I had NO ISSUES. No blue tint, nothing, no crashes, did not have to change the sky texture or anything. The only thing I see is that the draconic type armor ornaments seem to be see-through in some cases and have no "flame" effect.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.