Test Update 5/11/16 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, May 10, 2016.

1. Talladore Journeyman

Yeah, that's precisely what I was thinking when this started. Whooboy.
  2. Kricket New Member

Whoever decided that Mind Storm should only land once on a raid mob is a complete joke and belongs flipping burgers.
  3. JChan Developer

Sorry. It seems we also experienced a hardware failure today on the Test Server. No ETA still.
  4. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

You need a raise having to deal with all this chaos with one problem after another after another. I do sincerely want to thank you, Hludwolf and whoever else is working on the problem for both working on this and for keeping us up to date when you can.

I do have one question that I am almost afraid to ask. With a hardware failure will that affect our characters in any way like items, bank, shared bank, housing etc? I assume they are backed up somewhere off server? I hope so anyway! :eek:
    Fanra, Tealasa and gotwar like this.
  5. JChan Developer

Thanks!

Character storage shouldn't be affected by this failure.
    Tealasa and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  6. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Well thank you for allaying that unjustified fear. Good luck getting everything fixed. Let anyone in Primal Brood know if you need us to test anything for you once the server is back up.
    Tealasa likes this.
  7. liludar New Member

ok who let the gnomes tinker on the test server?
  8. JChan Developer

Another update. We replaced some faulty hardware but it still looks like there's another issue still going on. No ETA.
  9. --Voodoo-- Augur

Sad to hear that, but thanks for the update.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. JChan Developer

We're working on some more hardware replacements. It's going to be a while to get these things replaced. No ETA.
  11. oklookatme Journeyman

Dude your getting a DELL! (anyone?)
    Xanadas likes this.
  12. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Wow was it malware of some sort or just parts wearing out from years of use?
  13. JChan Developer

It's just parts wearing out.
  14. Kbamm Journeyman

Haha this is what happens when you leave the hamsters on the wheels for 6 years. I bet they still had their SoE feeder bottles in the cage.
  15. Luinne B`Haen Lorekeeper

the bottles still said Verant
  16. gotwar Gotcharms

Jchan, I hate to continue bugging you with questions, but may we ask if this is a parts-order situation, or something you have in-hand or can obtain locally? Either way, thank you for keeping us updated.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Tealasa like this.
  17. JChan Developer

Our Ops team is handling this. The game team doesn't manage our parts inventory. So...
    Iila, Prathun and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  18. Dokgoki New Member

thanks for the updates, new parts means reliability for the next decade or 2. :)
  19. Kbamm Journeyman

I guess the real question is, Is there any chance the server will be up tonight or should those of us waiting find something else to do and check back at a later date?
  20. Hludwolf Developer

Unfortunately it is looking like the hardware issue will not be resolved tonight. If this changes, we will be sure to let everyone know.