Test Update 1/9/2024 - New Bugs Only

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jan 9, 2024.

1. Svann2 The Magnificent

Cant connect to test server.
    An unknown error occurred while trying to join the server.

edit: nm - 3rd try was the charm!
  2. Sdoofbuc Augur

I too am having problems connecting.

Going from character screen logging in took me over 5 minutes.

I used a campfire. That took almost 5 minutes to kick off. I thought they just didn't work and all of a sudden I zoned.

Trying to log into my offline trader gave me an error. An unknown error occurred while trying to join the server. I tried several times and finally it says ... "Please wait while the currently logged in player is removed from the world." It sits like that over 10 minutes then .... "The connection has been terminated longer than allowed."
  3. RedJohn Journeyman

Having problems logging in to test.
    When I reach character select there's a message saying some of my characters took to long to load and telling me to relog to try and load them again. Then I'm booted to server select.

Logging in to live works just fine though.

:(
  4. Allayna Augur

Anyone try zoning 4+ characters simultaneously, sounds like some of the bugs of beta made it to test with extended zone times. I was locking up for 12+ minutes if I zoned more than 3 characters at the same time (like a port or clicking a door in LI).
  5. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Are you using the default UI?

What you are describing is exactly what would happen if a person is not using the default (or a patched custom) UI on test.
  6. Meeko Developer(Code)

This is mostly correct, however I'll share some specifics found while looking into the behavior.
    • Pets have all the same slots as players with the exception of not being able to equip charms.
    • A pet's starting equipment can be whatever the Designer equips them with. Some pets have one wrist item, some have both, some have none.
    • Giving a pet a bracer or ring will only ever go into the "right" version of that slot.
    • Giving a pet an earring will go to the the "right" slot first. If there's already something in that slot though, it'll try the left.
    • It's not simply an AC check for whether a pet will equip a worn item. AC is the largest factor in the equation, but base stats (strength, dexterity, etc) are also factored to a small degree.
    We're looking into this logic to possibly make it smarter.
    Jyve, Jedis, Thunderkiks and 10 others like this.
  7. Meeko Developer(Code)

We've tracked down the cause of the slow initial zoning and will get it fixed when we're able to do so. It's Test-specific and won't be an issue on Live. Thanks to those that shared their debug logs.
    Thunderkiks, Nniki, Hobs and 3 others like this.
  8. Captain Video Augur

So does that mean Test is down indefinitely? I could live with a 2-3 min initial zone-in from character select, since after that I wasn't having any problems. Not sure why we lose the entire server just because six-boxers can't do their thing for a little while.
  9. Meeko Developer(Code)

Test is down currently due to an operational systems outage that is affecting more than just EQ. The issue with slow zoning is entirely unrelated.
    Nennius, Hobs and Captain Video like this.
  10. Szilent Augur

while it remains the case that pets choose on AC, it would be a super nice stopgap to add AC to the special cloak high level pets are summoned with, to protect ignorant players from nerfing themselves
    Meeko, Evurkvest and Warpeace like this.
  11. Leddeye New Member

Test server bug found: Too many free accounts. :p
  12. bobokatt Augur

Yes please. I, FOR YEARS thought that shaman and enchanter pets came with no cloak and would promptly give them whatever crap cloak I could find. I knew never to give my necro pet a cloak but hey, turns out the sham and chanter pets also have the cloaks. I have not checked SKs on Test.

On that note, I am still shocked that shaman's and chanter pets have the enchantment cloak. I know a while back, maybe a post from Sancus, had stated that at some point the cloaks were added to those pets as well but it was never made official on a patch note, that I remember.

I was always under the impression the Cloaks of Enhancement were ONLY for the 3 pet classes. Also, after this patch when I checked, it seems that my shaman has the exact same cloak of enhancement level as my raid geared pet earring necro. So really, the actual pet earring just gives extra specific boosts to the 3 classes (necro, mage, BST), but the cloaks are the exact same and I would presume based on the level of the spell to cast it. Interesting.
  13. Sdoofbuc Augur

I don't think that answered the quest. To me it was a yes or no. It is good to know why it's down. But I'm not very technical, so I don't know what that means.

I figured it's a test server. Production isn't down. So there isn't a priority. Someone will look at it on Tuesday (Monday is a holiday).
  14. Sdoofbuc Augur

I can confirm my level 113 SK pet had a back item when I checked. That's the only item it was summoned with. Same with my 113 Shaman.
  15. Moege Augur

SK pet has the enhancement cloak
  16. WANNABEEEX New Member

operational systems downage means we went home for the weekend and we honestly don't care about test anymore
  17. Riou EQResource

The following chat filters default to "Show" like they are ignoring the eqclient (or don't exist to save to), or aren't being set:
    heals (others), heals (you), heals (other crits), other damage other, other hits (crits)

There might be others but those are the ones noticed
  18. cyberfossil New Member

after all these years i never even knew there was a /pet inventory command....but i just tried it in game and nada...whats the correct format to actually check pet equipment? or is that a command for devs / gms only?
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This is a new command that was introduced with the test patch and won't be on live servers until the patch this week.
  20. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

Damage from certain sources (Cleric intervention line, Berserker Bloodfury) are reporting as Your Damage as far as filters are concerned.