Test Update 1/23/24 - Discussion

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jan 23, 2024.

1. EQ Dev Developer

Test has been updated with our current Live build. There are no new patch notes at this time. Everything should match Live.
  2. EQ Dev Developer

*** Miscellaneous ***

DirectX 11 Changes:

- Fixed 2.0 Pixel Shader usage.
    - Applied a speculative fix for some kaleidoscope-like rendering artifacts.
  3. Bernel Augur

I just logged into Test and was shocked at how smooth the graphics were. I wasn't logging in to Test to try out the graphics. I was just going to do some random stuff and noticed that running around PoK and the GL was super smooth. My initial thought was that it was because the eqclient.ini I have in my Test dir is from long ago, but maybe it was the DX11 fixes. Hopefully I see the same improvement on live.
  4. Defenestrated Vase It happened out of sheer carelessness.

Can't wait to see this hit live. Performance has gotten way worse for me on my beefy nvidia machine since the dx11 patch. Mostly missing textures and huge fps drops when players/npcs come into view. (My AMD machine is fine.)
  5. Pusur New Member

Please hurry up faster with this bugfix on live. The game is unplayable for a lot of people. Raids get cancelled due to this. Players are complaining about the game running at 2-15 fps.
    Windance, Nennius and TB_AB like this.