Test Update 09/15/16 - Real Estate fixes

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Sep 14, 2016.

1. EQ Dev Developer

Please only post about new real estate issues in this thread. Please post comments/bugs about all other issues in the 9/14/16 threads.

*** Test Only ***

Please test real estates. Note that everything in real estate has been rolled back to roughly 6/29/16 on test. All items, houses, etc, should be in the same place they were at that time.

*** NPCs ***

- Fixed the consider message for Marnek_Jaull so that he will properly return your con difference. Also fixed other NPCs that were previously returning 'NULL'.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Fixed an issue where bandoliers with empty sets would break any sets following the empty set.
  2. Sheerex New Member

Will all real estate ( including all houses, guilds, and yard items) that was created after the 6/29/2016 rollback be returned or replaced? Or are they gone forever? And why did the rollback occur in the first place?
  3. --Voodoo-- Augur

Not sure if this is a bug, or just something with my character...

Prior to the rollback yesterday, I had a storage crate full of items. After the patch, the crate was empty and most of the items were back in my guild hall. But I'm missing two items (that I know of). Staff of Elemental Mastery: Earth and Water. I had gotten them rather recently, but fairly sure it was before 6/29. I've checked /outputfiles for inventory, real estate, and guildhall, and also parcels. No where to be found.

Another odd thing is I'm almost positive I had also gotten those same two items a long time ago, prior to my most recent break from EQ. (I know I had all 4, but might have been spread across different characters.) When I came back from my break, I had been evicted from my previous real estate plots, but I wasn't able to find those items. (Which is why I recently camped them again.)

The items are pretty easy to replace, so maybe not a big deal. But it seems there's still some kind of issue. Either:
    1. There's still some bug with housing causing items to go missing
    2. The rollback erroneously deleted them
    3. There's some issue with my character that caused those items to disappear, perhaps the originals I had from years ago are still there in limbo somewhere, and the new ones disappeared due to duplicate lore items.
  4. gotwar Gotcharms

Were the items in your inventory or were they in real estate storage?
  5. Hludwolf Developer

The restore had to happen so that items placed prior to 6/29 could be recovered. The server is down right now to fix one more bug and do the same restore as yesterday. This bug was discovered last night but the damage had already been done. Changes made to real estates after 2pm yesterday (when the server was up and running) are being rolled back in today's update as well.

At the bare minimum, test purchased marketplace items, trophies, and epics that were placed on plots between 6/29 and 9/16 should be restored in the future. I cannot promise at this point that all items (normally recoverable items) placed between 6/29 and 9/16 will be restored, but stay tuned as we continue to track this issue.

There is no ETA for the restoration as of right now. The real estate issues must all be verified as fixed before the process of returning things can start.

Thanks for your patience.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Sheerex New Member

7. Sheerex New Member

Is it safe to set up new real estate or should that be delayed until all is fixed?
  8. --Voodoo-- Augur

They were in a storage crate that was in my bank. I'm guessing that would be considered real estate? If so, I'd assume I had put the staves in there after 6/29, since no one else seems to be reporting any unexplained item losses.

Regardless, I got back like 250-ish items I'd lost on my bard, so I'm still considering it a win. :) Kudos, Devs!
  9. Hludwolf Developer

We have a log of the missing items. I would hold off on doing anything important with real estates for a week or so to make sure everything is ok first.

As a note: After tonight, items that are test copied, might disappear off of plots if they have been copied more than once. They should no longer vanish off of every player however. Please test copy again to get these items back for your real estates. Items that vanish off of plots because they were test copied more than once are not going to be restored.

Test copied items that you have lost between yesterday and today we have a record of, so ask me when I am online. If you would like it back faster, please test copy to get the items back. I have already restored a few of these. We will only be providing this service for a limited time, so please get to me within the next few weeks at the latest.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. Sheerex New Member

How's everything going with real estate issues? It would be great to have the Modest Guild Hall (with contents) back that poofed when everything was restored to pre June 29 conditions. Actually it would be great to have everything back-parcels, my 3 room house, items inside the house, and the yard items that have been gone since mid-July. Another of my characters would like her parcel, 3 rooms house, and all items as well. Are there any new updates regarding having the items that were place between 6/29 and 9/14 returned to either the owners or the parcels?
  11. gotwar Gotcharms

I believe the plan is to restore certain items after all the code is stabilized and it's confirmed the bugs are fixed, see this section of Hludwolf's post for definition of "certain items":

12. Lillola Lorekeeper

Any news on real estate items that disappeared? Could I suggest monthly updates for those of us who lost a lot and would like to see some, if not all, items returned?

I'm sorry now that I even got involved in real estate; many items I worked very hard to obtain were in my house, and it's confusing and totally unfair that so many other houses and guild halls are still on plots with items yet two of my characters lost theirs, along with our guild hall. All that I have now is one original house which I had packed up and sold the plot, but with the rollback it was placed again.

It has been over three months now since my losses. It's too bad that those of us who were included in the mishap sit in silence and assume this has been forgotten. Compensation of some sort would be nice however just returning all items (especially items such as epics and trophies) would be appreciated. OR a post about how it's going as far as fixing this problem.

Hdulwolf said on September 16 to "stay tuned". I have, but nothing updated has been posted!
  13. Lillola Lorekeeper

Well, apparently this has taken a back seat to the new expansion. I'm puzzled that there would be new content launched while still requiring fixes in current zones. I've watched and waited for my guild hall, houses, and items to reappear but alas it's not to be. No doubt there will be bugs with Empires of Kunark, and those will be addressed as soon as they are discovered yet the real estate fixes are still not being addressed, at least there is no word of anyone paying attention to them anymore. A number of my characters spent extensive time and plat on their real estate, as well as placing epics and other "valuable" items on the properties. This has brought me both sadness and anger. If I wasn't so invested in this game I certainly would cancel all six subscriptions (6 on Test and 6 on Live) and move on.

Any updates from GMs about what's going on with these real estate problems would really be appreciated. It's getting old being ignored and I'm beginning to wonder why this hasn't been taken care of yet. Almost four months is a long time to wait.
  14. Hludwolf Developer

Real estate has been fixed on test for months... Items lost on the test server rollback have not been restored as the expansion has been a priority over restoring items on test.

Most items are recoverable so the majority of those will not be restored, and plat is an infinite resource on test . Only non-recoverable and marketplace items will be restored.
  15. Lillola Lorekeeper

I realize there hasn't been any real estate issues for awhile however from my perspective it has not been fixed. Where are my houses and where is my guild hall, including all items? Where are my epics, which were placed in the houses and hall? My purchases from the marketplace have yet to be restored, is this going to happen in the future? Yes, I can purchase the houses and hall again, and go through the entire process of buying items both from the marketplace and from vendors.

I just don't get it. It's not the plat, it's the time and effort put in to set up real estate and then it's taken away through no fault of my own. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who is dealing with this. The game should be fun, and losing certain items has not been fun at all.

Hdulwolf I appreciate your reply to my posts. I would really like to see more regular updates on the restoration as you have them. And it would be nice to know if houses, guild halls, and epics will be returned. I was proud of my achievements when I finished the epics and the thought of going through the quests again is not appealing.
  16. Lillola Lorekeeper

So the cost of Daybreak accounts has increased. (that's x6 for me since I have 6 accounts). And I still don't have my Guild Hall, my two houses, or any items returned that were taken away months ago due to no fault of my own. AND no updates. Silently taking more money while not taking care of customers. Lovely. Yes, I am bitter and angry about the real estate problems I've been told are fixed while I'm still missing items. Also I have sent in- game emails to Hludwolf with no response. I just want answers. Or better yet, my items.