Test Update 08/27/2019 - Discussion

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Aug 27, 2019.

1. EQ Dev Developer

Test is being updated today with our current Live build. There are no new patch notes at this time. Everything should match Live.
  2. xxGriff Augur

Test is nearly unplayable due to lag. I realize you are looking into U-Chat currently however, the issues with U-Chat have been ongoing on test (weeks of massive chat lag). Lag affects the entire game. Getting chars into game takes increasing amounts of time as does zoning. I have attempted to connect directly to my broadband, bypassing my router (I use wired 1 gbps for my gaming and no Wi-Fi) , and to no affect. Lag persists. I logged in while @ my brothers home (In Houston, he lives 70 miles from my home - uses a completely different ISP cable v DSL) and same lag issues occur on his system and my laptop i brought to test the lag issues. I have conducted "speed-tests" and the results are fully within my and his broadband plan(s), and zero packet loss, with acceptable ping times (< 21ms and 21 being the highest of 10 tests run across a 6 hour time period 10am to 4pm CST) yet my pings online average 67-71ms and steadily increase to 85, and then quickly rise to 150+. they often hover @ 150-200 and then shoot to 300+ with 800-1000ms being more and more common in the past 4 weeks. requiring me to camp, and cease playing EQ. Noting, that i can play other online games, but it is EQ i wish to play and, I wish to play on Test. This regardless of my paid Subs, it is my preferred server. I know my experience is surely shared by many (if not all) on Test and we just want remedy. Please? Thank you.