Test Update 04/22/19 - Discussion

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Apr 22, 2019.

1. EQ Dev Developer

Test is being updated today with our current Live build. There are no new patch notes at this time. Everything should match Live.
  2. Angahran Augur

Is it just me or does this seem backward ?
    A 'test' environment should always be ahead or at least equal to a 'production' environment.
  3. Pred Journeyman

Unless there is an issue on Live that doesn't appear on your current test platform. Then you have to take the environment that has the issue, move it to the test environment and find the bug.
  4. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

No. Not at all. This only happens when either there are changes made to the build placed on Test before it goes to Live or there are emergency/hot fix patches. Not every patch cycle is Test patched again to match.

There was an emergency patch on Friday and a hot fix patch this week. You want them working on Live servers and not also on Test at the same time. Once everything is (relatively) calm, they can make the emergency/hot fix changes to Test.

I'm not saying they are following industry best practices here, but it has been like this at least since DBG has been in charge and I think longer as well.