Test Update 04/18/14

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by crieger, Apr 18, 2014.

1. crieger Journeyman

April 18, 2014

*** Quests & Events ***

- A Ranger's Tale - Sarissa has been restored to her normal position in the Plane of Knowledge.

*** NPC ***

- The Grandmaster in the Plane of War will now correctly apply the White Piece and Black Piece effects to characters who challenge him at the chess board.
    - Fixed an error in the reset script of Commander Gannar in the Plane of War.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- /loginterval now defaults to 1 second.

- The EverQuest Team
  2. Spankage Elder

Could you please add a filter for the "You can't use that command right now..." msgs,
    Smokezz and Zyrek like this.
  3. Gimagukk New Member

/loginterval appears to adding an extra second to the value passed in. /loginterval 0 appears to be logging once per second instead of immediately, /loginterval 1 appears to be logging every 2 seconds. I tested using ProcMon.exe and verified with the following quick and dirty C# code (pass in the log file name on the command line), spamming the auto attack key on and off. On Live servers, the "Since Last" is fairly small when spamming the key (<100ms), but on Test it is always reading about 1000ms plus my desired loginterval setting.

Code:
    using System;
    using System.IO;

namespace LogMeasure
    {
        class Program
        {
            public static FileSystemWatcher Watcher { get; set; }
            public static double MinInterval = 999999999;
            public static DateTime LastRead = DateTime.Now;

static void Main(string[] args)
            {
                var filename = Path.GetFullPath(args[0]);
                Console.WriteLine("Monitoring {0}...", filename);
                Watcher = new FileSystemWatcher(Path.GetDirectoryName(filename), Path.GetFileName(filename));
                Watcher.Changed += new FileSystemEventHandler(Watcher_Changed);
                Watcher.EnableRaisingEvents = true;
                while (true)
                    System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(10000);
            }

static void Watcher_Changed(object sender, FileSystemEventArgs e)
            {
                var dt = DateTime.Now;
                var interval = (dt - LastRead).TotalMilliseconds;
                if (interval > 0 && interval < MinInterval)
                {
                    MinInterval = interval;
                    Console.WriteLine("New low: {0}", interval);
                }
                else
                    Console.WriteLine("Since last: {0}", interval);
                LastRead = dt;
            }
        }
    }
    Axxius likes this.
  4. Saeadyan Elder

Any chance you folks could look into marketplace / loyalty point issues on test please? Not being able to buy on marketplace must be costing you folks $$. :)
  5. Angahran Augur

With this poking around in the logfile, I don't suppose anyone has come across the reason that EQ randomly rewrites map files in reverse order ?
    That would be a nice bug to get rid of :p
  6. blood & gufts Augur

I really doubt thats an issue. You DO know that they could wipe the chars on test like tomorrow ? And that if they did, then all the thing you have bought would be gone.

THAT I think if that happened, would be a MUCH bigger issue.
  7. WhtRabbit Lorekeeper

I know I'm wasting internet breath repeating this to somebody for the 1 millionth time. But....

They will NEVER wipe the test server again.

Also the loyalty point thing is nothing new. Happens every time they throw up a big patch. If you really need to buy something log into live if it's heirloom or just wait.
  8. Klotar-TSM Lorekeeper

I wonder what setting /loginterval -1 might do? (Half joking but... half not).
  9. Raynard Augur

Would it be possible to increase the precision of the log time stamps? Just tenths of seconds would be really useful to fully separate successive low-delay combat rounds from occasionally having the same timestamp.
  10. JChan Developer

It's been intentionally disabled until we launch All Access.
  11. JChan Developer

There was typo we'll get this fixed. Thanks!
  12. JChan Developer

We've still been unable to reproduce this reliably. If anyone has steps we can spend some time to fix it.
  13. Angahran Augur