Test Update 03/05/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 4, 2024.

1. Riou EQResource

It has no effect on live monks, only for tlp monks from like level 70-100, in which they will now use the ability line instead of ignoring it due to timer conflicts with kick line
  2. Bewts Augur

Tides of Time Level 65 Type 7/8 Augments did not have their stats revised.

The current offering still remains a +5 Strength and a 5 AC / 30 Mana shield only augment.

Through the Level 65-70 era, these are both grossly underpowered. In example, LDoN Hard missions, capped at level 65, offer 7 or 8 Strength Type 7 augments. For an anniversary reward, this is augment is inferior to the lowest possible augment offering from a group missions in LDoN. In this era, heroic stats and melee/spell focii are the focus, not base strength. In example, a BIS melee in PoP will easily exceed 500 base strength.

On the AC Aug side of the house, caster AC augs in secondary primarily exist in the 10-20 AC range and not all of them are exclusive to raid content. Again, the augment strikes me far underpowered for a “one time” anniversary item.

If I was to recommend a change, it would be to change the augments to a heroic stat variety which is what almost all Type 8 augs in this era offer. The shield augment could benefit from an AC bump and a hp/mana increase.
    Barton-Vox likes this.
  3. Herf Augur

Nennius likes this.
  4. Anjanax Journeyman

How about making the hammer pet immune to riposte/damage shields and detrimental spells in the first place? As off now the pet last a couple of seconds and isn't worth the effort to mem the spell at all. Oh and when you at it.. increase the damage of it by at least 500 times or give us clerics Pet AAs.
    Metanis likes this.
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

Does this mean that folks in PoK won't look like grey ghosts so much? If so, it is the end of an era. Que sera
    Cairbrae likes this.
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

Screw the refund. I'll take the car.
  7. Krazzi Elder

How much did the pet's hp and damage get buffed??

Enchanter - Increased the HP and damage of ranks 2 and 3 of Flariton's Animation.
    - Shaman - Increased the HP and damage of all ranks of Suja's Faithful.
    - Shadowknight - Increased the HP and damage of all ranks of Minion of Fandrel.
  8. Fenthen aka Rath

Any chance raid achievement bugs are fixed with this update, and not waiting until April, May, June, or later?
    Allayna and Swiss like this.
  9. chungus Journeyman

its crazy that no new ornaments have been added in like 3-4 years? I dont believe this is a difficult process to add new ones. Why not a different version of the EOK raid weapons instead of the 2h sword, which we have two ornament versions of. We can attain the purple sword from the anni merchant or the blue one from overseer. Why not something such as the nightfears halo Nightfear's Halo :: Items :: EverQuest :: ZAM (allakhazam.com)? There is like 1 2h stave on that merchant and like 5 2h melee weapons.