Terrormote to Periapt, Periapt to Tangible Dream Fragment

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kurayami, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Kurayami Augur

Would it be possible for something to be put in the game so you could somehow morph a terrormote to a periapt, and a periapt to a tangible dream fragment? Doesn't seem to be a problem to make terrormotes devolve into weaker forms, why not link the chain so a guild doesn't necessarily have to raid VoA just so a few classes can get a few spells from last expansion. I personally have been attempting to get in on some pickup raids aside from my usual guild raids in efforts to get this, would find it very helpful if something like this were put in though!

Dev response here would be greatly appreciated, I don't particularly see a way around spell back-getting as game breaking in any way. I'm sure I'll hear why it is soon though!
    Krickitt and Axxius like this.
  2. Edrick Augur

I could get Pureforge Rk. III with this method so consider me on board.
  3. Kurayami Augur

Never got any response on this, so reviving the thread.
  4. Dramatime Augur

Sounds like a fair idea to me. Lol maybe they are just trying to force raiders to go back and bring tag alongs. Hope you get a response man /pumps fist.

Its like saying "Can I give you this $5 dollar bill for that $1 dollar bill. They could even make it like lore-ish by Making "a shady dealer" in where he basically "con's" you out of your higher valued items.
  5. Denial_Sinfae Augur

I would like this.
  6. Atvar Augur

Why can't you just take a few groups sometime and do a quick pickup raid for the spells? The first few tiers of past expansions weren't hard then, and should be easy to do at 100 with low numbers.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  7. Edrick Augur

Even though they're easy to tank and heal now, it still takes time to run there, set it up, and dps the boss/event down.

I mean, sure, you could do what you said, but you'd have a much tougher time convincing people to go since the loot is obsolete, and some won't use any spell/tome from House of Thule, while some classes still do. I'd love Pureforge Rk. III, but convincing a group to spend a few hours raiding House of Thule Upper to get it, just for me? I wouldn't want to wish my friends to endure that, personally.
  8. Kurayami Augur

Ideally it'd be possible to just take a few groups of people who really know their classes, own the crap out of king of the beasts raid or Sarith raid, but I don't live in an ideal world. Tell you exactly what I would get, 3-4 groups with 6-8 people controlling all the boxes, over half the people not being able to zone in due to flagging issues, then if I do somehow pull out a force that can win out of that, there is a chance glowing periapt won't even drop.

Maybe this will be more manageable when they standardize currency for each XP, so I can somehow pull together enough chits in VoA to get one glowing periapt, but WHY? I have a bunch of t1/t2 currency for RoF just sitting around, several chances to get spells every week, I just wasn't raiding while VoA was the latest and greatest. This game has been very much about dropping all expansions but the latest one ever since I can remember, I'm simply asking for a way to realistically get any VoA/HoT spells missed, particularly VoA though since it is a much bigger pita to accomplish.
  9. Edrick Augur

Are there any raids that are one-groupable now in HoT that can net you level 90 rank 3s? That hopefully wouldn't take six hours?
  10. Atvar Augur

There's a post on allakhazam's that House Upper was 1 groupable 18 months ago. None of these raids take 6 hours to do. Asking a group of friends to spend a few hours doing anything is the definition of eq.

If you have spells that are actual upgrades and your guildmates refuse to spend 30 minutes helping you burn down King of Beasts, it's your problem. The point of the game is to interact with other players, not ask SOE for handouts. It might be simple to code, but it's still time consuming and would result in even less content in the coming expansion.
  11. Caudyr Augur

Let the person knock 'em all the way down to the first rank 3's, back in uh...TSS I think it was~ :p

That being said...I like this idea. ;)
  12. Nilwean Elder

Or even down to the ancients of GoD/OoW.
  13. Edrick Augur

Just out of curiosity, are any ancients from those expansions useful in any situations today, or do they all have upgrades?
  14. Atvar Augur

GoD - Tacvi is soloable. I could probably solo some anguish as well.
  15. Kurayami Augur

Still looking for some kind of dev response on this, reviving once again.
  16. Rogue Augur

I hope they never do this. I don't want to lose out on a current expansion spell because someone else wants a level 85 spell to max out their spell book .
  17. Caziku Lorekeeper

I'm game for something like this.
  18. Sebbina Augur

I was thinking, (I do that sometimes), mayhap it would be possible to add one -Expac Raid Frag- for lack of a better name for each expansion to raid loots. Rather them lose a current raid spell to whomever may want to degrade to an older expansion, the new drop is designed to be taken to an NPC and traded for the raid drop of the desired older expansion. This way folk wanting current spells/songs/discs etc can have them and those wanting to improve on past spells can have the opportunity to upgrade an old spell.
  19. Kurayami Augur

I can't say I particularly see some spells being downgraded as a bad thing, especially in RoF. I can't imagine spells being much more plentiful raidwise than they are in RoF, 4 spells a raid, 24 t1 chits for minor/lesser/median, reasonable spell prices in t3/t4 for greater/glowing. Besides new apps/members, no one really has a raid spell problem at all where I'm at.

Still, I can sort of see your point, especially for a 90 or less spell. Sebbina's idea would be good. Allowing us to buy older spell turn-ins with our RoF raid currency would also be good.

It was less of a problem with beating a certain raid and getting rk 3 unlocked aka SoD era, I threw together a giant pickup raid for some necroes (including a box of mine, couple friend necroes, whoever else wanted to come) to get their rk 3. Was absolute insanity, we had 20 necromancers in one raid. No flagging was necessary to participate in most of SoD raids, believe the only flagging was maybe to zone into korafax (group doable) and kill one event in korafax to be able to participate in citadel of the worldslayer. Rest was wide open, clear sailing.

Underfoot isn't a problem really any more, few pickup groups for fippy if that, one well rounded group to take out gatekeeper in convo, wala spells.

HoT isn't too bad if you got flagging due to the fact you gave us Upper House of Thule though, I have also heard reports of decapping working in Tick Tock. The well was quite nice while the adds were broken, and the grounds is probably pretty easy to do with a few groups now too if you need to get some people flagged to be able to do upper house of thule.

VoA is quite a bit more of a struggle though, have to convince 20-30 some characters to show up just for king of the beasts, who have the sufficient raid flagging, who also have to be okay with random chance at spell, to have a very random chance at the spell yourself. Let's also keep in mind that people who will be interested in this sort of thing probably missed the VoA expansion too, so 3 t1 events and like 6 t2 events for flagging is almost a guaranteed need. Just yuck, no thanks, there must be a better way than this.
  20. IDotPeople Augur

I would think any necromancer who missed raiding in HoT/VoA would be in support of this. I sure am.