Terror of Luclin

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Darkoon, Dec 10, 2021.

1. Darkoon Journeyman

Hi everyone, I have a 115 necro I havent played for the better part of a year, due to the fact the previous expac being somewhat lack luster.

I played the shadows of luclin when it came out years ago, and loved it.

I was hoping that ToL was better than CoV-ToV and was considering coming back if it was.

What are your guys' opinions?

P.S. I'm a non raider, mostly solo and grouping..
  2. Ozon Augur

When you say "better" kind of need to define in which way.
  3. Darkoon Journeyman

Is it fun? CoV and ToV I found bland. some of the quests were fun.
    The loot was kinda 'meh'....mostly just the same items, with just more stats.

The original luclin had loot that was soooo varied.
  4. Marton Augur

Mobs have tons of hit points so if you plan on mostly soloing, everything will take loooong time. If you have a group of friends to play with, that will help.
  5. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Which TOL zones/mobs are root rot friendly? Don't mind the hps or xp I'm looking mainly to farm up some spell gems thanks in advance!
  6. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

Looks like ME and UP have a fair amount of kite/rootable mobs. Lots of hp though. You’ll probably need an orb of tishan.
  7. Goratoar Elder

Every zone is rottable, nothing summons other than names and some phs. Most everything with a few exceptions is vulnerable to root.
  8. Supermoist New Member

Incorrect

Maidens Eye might be all good, didn’t run into anything there that couldn’t snare AND root but didn’t fully explore it yet.
    Umbral Plains however: some corrections there

“a dark assailant” summons
    skeletons are not snarable, but are rootable
    zelniaks aren’t rootable, but are snarable and very slow

116 Necro, 46000+ AA, CoV mix of Tier3 and Raid gear, EM29 focus

just began the expansion not long ago so still discovering different mobs. Main thing I wanted to relay is a few things:

- this expansion is like the last few except the zones are a little better
    - the mobs damage increased a tiny bit but their HP went up. About double the HP of ToV mobs
    - the tier3 tradeskill gear only gives 10% additional focus over CoV tier3, and only about 300hp/mana more but it looks cooler (red/black)
    - lvl 116-120 skills/spells didn’t increase in power that much, just little bit, decent amount more AAs
    - lvl 116-120 pets got a noticeable and nice boost in dmg and tanking ability
    - Necros rule
    - Moist
  9. Vumad Cape Wearer

ToL follows the same design formula as ToV and CoV. I hated all the blue light and ice in ToV / CoV. I think that is a terrible design decision in a time when we know that blue light is bad. I think the zones in ToL are a lot more enjoyable to look at and exist in than ToV and CoV which for me were visually uncomfortable in a physical way.

If you didn't like the progression / XP / gear formula of ToV / CoV, then you likely wont like ToL either. However, if you didn't like the zone design of ToV and CoV, then ToL is worth a try. Personally I liked ToV and CoV from a design perspective, and like ToL much more because my main complaint with ToV / CoV was the ice and snow.

Can't help you much on the necro specific parts. I play ENC and Mage.