Temple of Veshaan Lava Pit

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gr8fuldave, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Gr8fuldave Augur

So I spent 3 hours today trying to update one step of the quest Beyond the Threshold, which has you run to the far north side of the zone to get an update. You have to levitate across this giant pit of lava on the west side and hit it perfectly to make it to the next ledge. If you miss, you have to wait 15 minutes for your fellowship insignia to refresh, or evac and start over. My Troll SK can make the jump every time, but my gnome mage can not. Does daybreak just like jacking with gnomes??

I tried to illusion him as a troll, I tried to Grow him, I tried to die and have my SK summon his corpse (which did not work because he was too far away), and I tried about 50 times (no joke) to get him over the chasm to no avail.

WTF? Is there an easier way that I am missing???
  2. Gr8fuldave Augur

Ok, I finally figured it out. I had 5 accounts active and my framerate was too slow. I logged everyone off except mage and he made the jump. wow that was frustrating!
    Andarriel and Stymie like this.
  3. Conq Augur

There's a spot or two where you can lev/climb out on the walls. Takes some time, but certainly faster than 15 mins.
    Conq
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Imho, having game-mechanics being affected by framerate is a serious bug. :(

I hope they fix that when/if they update the client!
    minimind and Stymie like this.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Yep, framerate is king for "flying" vs. "controlled dropping" while levitating.

Original EQ PC: Coming out of dreadlands port in area, I'd be on the ground in the snow almost immediately

New PC in late 2001: I'd lose almost no altitude at all coming out to the snow area, so much so that when I got to Karnor's, I was still in the air, and while enjoying the view, finally dropped down IN KC. Not "on". "in". There's no roof, just a set of walls with no way out. If I hadn't have been a gating class, I would have been stuck in there (pre-origin and all the other port clickies we all have now!).
    Stymie likes this.
  6. Randel Flag Elder

it is also important to know, when leving for going over those spots you need to make sure your "page up" button is pressed a few times or you will be actively leving downwards.
    Annastasya likes this.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Yep. In first person view, hit the 5 key on the keypad, and that makes the camera view look straight ahead, which is the best you can do, since you can't gain elevation.
  8. Stymie Pendragon

I do that but always look as straight up as I can and then switch back to 3rd person. I too have come down on Karnors.:)