TDS Unlock?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Apubed, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Apubed New Member

So i'm sure there are a bunch of people wondering is TDS going to be unlocked since we got a new xpac? If theres any staff that could shed some light on this.
  2. oldandnasty Augur

Information on when or if it's not going to happen, would be greatly appreciated (at least by me).
    Fanra likes this.
  3. Wizdons Augur

Would be nice to have them comment on this to put this to bed already.
  4. Imak Augur

No level increase in EOK; no free ride into level 105 via TDS.
  5. oldandnasty Augur

See Test Server. TDS enabled, free all access, free Vet rewards. I, personally, would like to stay on Live, but the option already exists on Test.

PS: Would love to hear a yes or no to the question from someone who actually has a say.
  6. Imak Augur

Then go play on test server; problem solved.
  7. oldandnasty Augur

Unfortunately, that is where I'm likely going. Just waiting to see if TDS is going to be unlocked before I cancel/renew my all access. I used to carry three all access accounts but I'm down to one now. In the grand scheme of things, I'm sure DBG doesn't care about losing one or two subs but hey they still should come out and say what is going on with their product.
  8. Ghubuk Augur

I have a great idea for them. They should give people 20 free expansions and 100 levels to try for free. After that, you need to pay for a sub and buy expansions to continue.
  9. Ghubuk Augur

Oh, wait......
  10. oldandnasty Augur

Now you're just trying to be jerk. All that was asked for was information on the product being provided and paid for. You are taking this way too personal. I just want information so I can decide for myself if it is worth continuing to pay or not.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  11. Kravitz Augur

The bliss of the ignorant. By keeping more content f2p, you get more people playing the game, maybe they will buy a future expansion, maybe they will buy marketplace items and unlockers, or maybe they will buy a subscription plan.

I welcome your stance though and see how quickly the game dies out. I'm all for that.

Some of the top 10 most played games in the world are completely free to play (even the most current content), they make more than this company could ever dream of. Granted those games actually invested money into updating graphics, creating art, animations, fluff etc to sell on their marketplace stores.
    Gyurika Godofwar and oldandnasty like this.
  12. JChan Developer

The Darkened Sea content has been unlocked for people that have not purchased it, The Broken Mirror, or Empires of Kunark. Enjoy!
    Fanra, Slippry, moogs and 9 others like this.
  13. Aghinem Augur

Care to name those 10? I'm curious.
  14. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Just looked on one of my free accounts created in the summer... it has TDS now.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  15. oldandnasty Augur

Thank you for your response.
    Fanra and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I'd like to see if TDS unlock will hurt expac sales. I doubt casual boxes spend $$$ on Marketplace.
  17. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Why would it... people that buy new expansions buy it to see new content. They don't buy it just to get new levels and sit in old content.
  18. Kravitz Augur

No specific order, but listing the mmorpg's first since EQ1 is an mmorpg:

ESO - no subs, must buy base game and DLC
    Black Desert - no subs, must buy base game and DLC
    GW2 - no subs, must buy base game and DLC

ARK - survival mmo, must buy base game

Following are RTS or card games:

League of Legends
    DOTA 2
    Minecraft
    Overwatch
    Hearthstone

Going to guess Revelations Online is going to be up there as well, its in closed beta atm.

Also, Tencent while they do a lot of mobile games (Clash of Clans, Clash Royale), does > 1 billion profit from micro transactions from their gaming division. That's right, a billion
    Felicite and Aghinem like this.
  19. Kravitz Augur

Common sense it ain't to common with EQ1 veteran players bro. They feel entitled.
  20. oldandnasty Augur

Well I will be buying 1 ex-pac in the next few days and probably a second after the holidays when I can afford it. Also opening TDS directly leads me to renew my All Access account at least for another 6 months.