TDS, Shammy spells out of wack,

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Kamzak, Oct 30, 2014.

1. guado Augur

I'm not telling you how to play your class. You asked a question, and I simply answered it. I see various posts of yours complaining about how "chanters cant pull and aren't desired in groups" well Qest, this enchanter I'm grouping with is a Trial to Triton and doing a kick-butt job. You have an array of abilities: utilize them.

I don't appreciate you jumping down my throat just by answering your question.
  2. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

You're either confusing me with someone else, or your sarcasm detector needs calibration.

Links, or it didn't happen.

You started with the name calling.
  3. guado Augur

::feel free to delete, mod, do not wait to derail thread::
  4. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

My most recent comment on that subject:

5. guado Augur

::feel free to delete, mod, do not wait to derail thread::
  6. Fenudir Augur

As someone who groups as a shammy all the time and sometimes raids as one, let me throw my 2cp in here.

An upgrade to canni would have been nice but isn't game breaking. Unless some wicked AE mana drain is going on, mana is rarely and issue for us.

Another rain spell? I can't remember the last time I used the one we have now. Then again, I don't farm greys anymore so....

Pet haste? Really? You do realize that the shaman pet is the second biggest joke in EQ after ranger gating, right? Frankly, they either need to amp our pet or just let the poor thing die already (I vote for the latter)

No one got new spells. Dev creativity is dead. We're talking rotting corpse, make a zombie squeamish dead. Hell they won't even play with weapon delays anymore and no one got new spells so welcome to EQ.

Do you seriously have curing issues? Short of pally splash, no one has it easier than we do. Ditto for healing.

On the topic of healing, out of group, yes, we struggle some. In group, if someone died either there was no saving them anyway or the shammy slacked. As for Spiritual Surge (everyone brings this up at some point), most every level headed player agrees it was a little OP and should be fine sliding for one expansion.

Our DPS is better than a bard's if we want it to be and we heal waaaay better. Fair trade off. If you want necro level DPS, might a recommend a shiny new necro. Just don't make it a gnome.

I could use a new toaster.

Our slow is fine. The actual slow portion is going to be stagnant forever. Same for chanter. There just isn't anywhere to go in that area. Chanters get mob debuffing and we get a choice of either debuffing (not as good but still decent) or a HoT on the target's target. Not a bad deal if you ask me.

Oh, and no one got a new cripple so... yea.

The one you missed is haste. You're still stuck with a haste that is 50 levels out of date.

Shamans didn't get the shaft anymore than any other class. Frankly, we got away better than some. As for more stuff for all classes, there will be more in 6 months. Just watch.
    Qest T. Silverclaw likes this.