TDS Raid Event 3: Principal Vicarum Nomia - Progression!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mykaylla, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Maeryn Augur

Actually the lockout screenshot is 20min after the event was started.

It's not so much math, it's keeping in mind how one-off lockouts work, something I didn't do either. So the corrected times are 2h 28m (or less if Qulas is slow on the Screenshot button) for 6 Arx events.

Arx 2 - 17min from when Arx1 is beat, Arx3 - 25min from when Arx2 is beat, Arx4 - 24min from when Arx3 is beat, 10min of no raid engaged, 30min from starting Vitio to beating Arx5, 22min of no raid engaged, 20min (or less) to beat Ghost.
    Sathayorn, Behelit and Shang like this.
  2. guado Augur

I think we need to look at the Properties of the original screen shot. Something is telling me Maeryn missed some meta-data.
  3. Shang Augur

It all depends on what your definition of the word 'is' is.
    Maedhros likes this.
  4. Smokn Augur

5. guado Augur

You just typed ISIS on the internet. Dude...
    Shang likes this.
  6. Nudia Augur

Just lock the thread - Quarken won it on page 15. Twice.
  7. Sathayorn Augur

Sorry Triton, no matter how much you fight it... RoI is still better than you... Grats on stumbling into a nerfed event before them though (Because they only raid one night a week, and were locked out of it)! Sorry you all made complete halflings of yourself afterwards...

And yes, those lockouts on screenshot only show that RoI only took 22 minutes to assign loot and get from their last win (Calix) to start Tita's ghost, as the lockout starts when the event does. I don't know how to tell the time the screenshot was taken myself, but I don't have any doubts that RoI beat you, as they always do.
    TheQxx and Shang like this.
  8. Coruth Augur

Question: ROV claimed thier first win ever was no DA win.

Triton never replied. Triton won with no DA. But never said if that was their first Tita Ghost win
  9. Barper Lorekeeper

I don't know anything about any of this because I'm in a mid-tier raiding guild working through cotf 1b at the moment...
    But I did hear a birdie say that the one-off raids the lockout is applied as soon as the event is requested.

Shang is arguing that 4d11h40m is 4d12h0m minus 20 minutes.

Smokn is arguing that the event gives a lockout upon completion, and that it follows since Calixx has a 4d11h18m lockout, and Tita has a 4d11h40m lockout, the difference is 22 minutes.

Again, I can neither confirm nor deny this because I'm so much behind you guys. Seems like your logic in both cases is sound, just one is based on a misconception on how the lockout is applied.
  10. guado Augur

The victory that everyone is ranting and raving over was the first victory. We never attempted the event with the DA Exploit, or any other exploit for that matter. (since it had to be said, or since it was asked)
  11. Shang Augur

The purpose of One-Off raids is that you get one attempt at them per week. As such, the second you start the event a lockout is generated.. This prevents you from attempting it again.

Unless Triton knows of a way to circumvent this mechanic, that is how it works.

To fool-proof this, the DZ also locks itself upon the start of the encounter.
  12. Sathayorn Augur

Lockout is given for the one off events upon request.

If it WAS on completion, that would mean RoI did loot, moved, rebuffed and beat it in under 22 minutes... Smokn was grasping at straws and made himself look like a fool to anyone familiar with the raids.
    Shang likes this.
  13. Genoane Journeyman

I've seen a lot of grasping at straws in these threads...... mostly from Triton peeps. It is a little embarrassing. But the pet-tanking comments are the same....... Sep was a long time ago. A bunch of idiocy in these threads honestly
    Shang likes this.
  14. Battleaxe Augur

Oh, I don't know about that.

Nerf or no nerf. Mages, BL's, and even Necros pet tank. It's what pets do. Druids and Necros have been known to kite mobs and kill them. You can find threads on how to pet tank or kite.

Unlike pet tanking or kiting I've not been aware of DA/Preincarnation as a commonly used subsitute for having a tank do the tanking. Ever join a DA/preincarnation group guys??? Having a Pally use a DA hammer for ramp tanking isn't the same.

I know for a fact that using DA to evade Vish's mechanics was not intended by devs. I was there when an invis SOE employee told a former guild to stop doing it since its not intended to be used that way.

Pointing out the cinder in someone else's eye while ignoring the log in your own eye is sinful. Maybe devs will add some anti DA/preincarnation measures to this event - not that anyone couldn't have either waited for developing tactics to beat it or the inevitable nerf.

Their guild doesn't always use gray area tactics, but when they do it's uber elite gray areas tactics all the way!!!
  15. Smokn Augur

yall seem to misunderstand wtf im sayin here PER LOCKOUT THEY DID IT LAST SO THAT NO ONE CAN SEE HOW LONG IT TOOK THEM TO DO IT! you simple minded tools
  16. Smokn Augur

but wait go ahead n send me your full log and i will believe you ;)
  17. Sathayorn Augur

Must has moar caps!
  18. Qulas Augur

I cannot even begin to understand what it is you are actually trying to say here.

Ghost from start to finish took us about 19-20 minutes. As math would dictate. ( there are 60 minutes in an hour, take away 20, = 40 left )
    Esero and TheQxx like this.
  19. KreacherX New Member

You forgot to subtract the 10mins for loot. So you must be doing Ghost in 10minutes.
  20. Battleaxe Augur

You seem to have more difficultly understanding what I'm saying.

There's plenty of prescedent for using pets or kiting as a substitute for a tank tanking. Its bread and butter for some classes.

Are you claiming DA/preincarnation groups and raid tactics are as mainstream??? Obviously what the developers intended????

Their guild doesn't always use gray area tactics, but when they do it's uber elite gray areas tactics all the way!!!