TDS Raid Event 3: Principal Vicarum Nomia - Progression!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mykaylla, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Betenoire Elder

I see, was curious, text is hard to read sometimes as far as intent. Was also going to ask about Vitio as I had heard no bugs for this event, and if you can follow simple directions it's pretty much over.
  2. Shang Augur

NON-PROGRESSION DOESN'T COUNT SIR
  3. Atvar Augur

If you're going to start nitpicking kills to this extent, you'd have to remove probably half the kill list. How many guilds pillar tanked, pet tanked, da tanked, buff blocked, worked around progression requirements, won because of bugs, etc? Just listen to some of the stories from old guilds like Triality, and you have to wonder if any kills were "legit".
    Loratex likes this.
  4. Betenoire Elder

Maybe Lethar 2 wins should be removed when you could hide from the AE!
  5. Crystilla Augur

6. Maeryn Augur

Every win from whenever Hobble went live (Luclin or PoP, there are 2002 Zam comments on the AA) to Veil of Alaris launch where mobs moving around was reasonably relevant is under investigation.

Going to try to get in touch with Furor, Thott and Tigole to get some logs.
  7. Axxius Augur

'All of...'? MOST? Such as? List them. Since you are willing to stoop down to the level of your subordinates - LIST the events we won by pet tanking. All of them that you think were 'un-legit'. Let's see how much you actually know. I'm calling you out on your statement bolded above. Go ahead, prove that you are not full of bovine waste.

Which ones of yours should be erased too? Death Beetle says hello. ;)

Btw, is that finally an admission that ROI DA/preinc's Tita's Ghost? Or are you going to continue evading it and prohibiting everybody in ROI from talking about it?
  8. Atvar Augur

What happened with death beetle?
  9. Ravengloome Augur

He died.
    Silentchaos likes this.
  10. Battleaxe Augur

Forgive me for suggesting that one probably shouldn't reward those who obviously desired to stir up a little drama among guilds it used to compete with save EQ from rampant cheating by putting on a show.

Better IMO to email them a holiday greeting - say one with a screen shot of your guild in this expansion's final event.

The best retort is to do well. I believe RoI, SoD, IL, Triton, and RoV have done and will continue to do very well indeed.
  11. Axxius Augur

Let's just say ROI mastered the art of spam-hailing NPCs 4.5 years before TDS. ;)
  12. Atvar Augur

So everyone's win on death beetle pre patch should be deleted then, RoI should be 4th or 5th, and firestormers should be #1? Just how do you plan on going about researching this? And you're at it, make sure to remove brath, clicknar queen, brells temple, beast kills just to name some that were beaten while the events were bugged out. No system will be perfect, but listing by kill date paints the most accurate picture you'll get without writing a novel for each raid.
  13. Axxius Augur

I'm not the one who brought up the old expansions. Qulas wants to switch subject to the past to avoid talking about an embarrassing fact from the present (that ROI uses the DA/Preinc exploit on Tita's Ghost), but his past isn't exactly spotless either.

I'm more interested in the broad insinuation he made about most of our wins being illegit. That's not some anonymous 'new member' talking out of his rear end. When the GL of the top guild opens his mouth - he can't just be spewing complete bull, right? So let's see him talk his way out of this one.
  14. Maedhros High King

I think we are losing focus on this thread.
    Who cares if someone wins an event by pet tanking or creative use of abilities, such as DA tanking.. at least you make it to the end, one way or another.
    What caused all this drama, is that people were getting a chest spawning and credit for the wins after having wiped.
    You can argue til youre blue in the face, pet tanking a boss is possible on some events, so thats legit. DA tanking is lame as hell, but its legit.
    Wiping the event but getting credit plus a chest, is not legit.
    MCHammer is not pleased.
    Elricvonclief and Genoane like this.
  15. Atvar Augur

By trying to change how kills are listed (if it wasn't non-progression [lol]), you are bringing up old expansions. So quit changing the subject yourself and tell me how you plan on going about checking everyone's kills to make sure they didn't do anything you don't like.

Are you really suggesting that you're the only guild in eq that has never done anything that wasn't explicitly intended to beat an event? Or are you merely saying nobody can prove it therefore it doesn't matter?
  16. Kellaer Augur

Can you please report/petition the guilds/players that are using this exploit, so that they can be rightfully punished? Do your civic duty, Axxius. Thank you.
  17. Qulas Augur

So are you trying to suggest that you haven't pet tanked raid events in the past to win them?

I have a problem with pet tanking, you don't. In fact we've had this conversation on these forums several times in the past.

[IMG]

This entire conversation has happened before, I'm getting deja vu.

You, once again make baseless allegations against my guild in an attempt to make us look bad or whatever it is you are trying to prove. At least back then you admitted to pet tanking without pretending that you didn't like you are trying to insinuate now.

Your entire justification of your guild's pet tanking was one post from Piestro in which he said " Using pets to tank raids is not an exploit. It's not ideal, and almost always a sub-optimal choice, but it is in the range of allowed options. If a pet trivializes a raid's mechanics that does probably need to be addressed. " Which basically meant ' We can't fix this "

They changed how the bosses ae's worked on Somiun 2 because you guys were pet tanking it. And let's not forget about Fumerak as well.

Old Axxius was less delusional than current Axxius, but just as sanctimonious.
    Esero and Aldren like this.
  18. Battleaxe Augur

It's Show Time!

Unless EGL is inaccurate because they haven't updated the site there isn't a dramatic change to the ranking on the event in question.

Let's kindly not forget. This is all about EGL arm twisting by threatening to purge posted progression on an event unless they received "...a copy of a full raid log for your first complete win on Principal Vicarum Nomia. Doesn't matter who in the guild it is from..."

Yep guilds have and will likely continue to question how other guilds won events. But I'd hope we can all see now why it's SOE's role to decide what devs intended, what wasn't intended but sometimes tolerated, what wasn't intended and is selectively changed without disciplinary measures, and what is an exploit requiting sanctions against a guild and who exploited.

Grats all for your /cough "validated" [by people who are NOT game officials] wins. Darned nice logfile modifying.
  19. Koryu Professional Roadkill

This entire thread (and Captain Tita's Ghost):
    [IMG]
    Daislet likes this.
  20. Coruth Augur

You are truly truly funny. Maeryn = Beimeith. Because you are doing the exact same thing. You are still "Choosing" which infomation to present. Just saying "I present All Information" is not accurate. The accurate statement is Maeryn chooses to present all infomation and not worry about accuracy or what people send in. And I will change include new infomation like "Fastest Time" if people send it to me.

I got an idea. I suppose if people start sending in "45 Mains + 3 Bots is our smallest win" you would need to list raid size too. You would also need to list if people beat an event on one of thier normal raid days, or if they had the strength to win on an "extra" raid day. I suppose too people need to start sending in Attempts. Because if a Guild wins a "1 off" on thier first try.

This thread has officially gone off the wheels. It's gone from how do people want to handle when people ACTUALLY LOSE/WIPE and yet get the chest/win. To how do people want to handle DA Tanking, Pet Tanking, and a host of other things. Also toss in some good old fashioned conspiracy talk . And toss in some personal interest to make their own guild look better and someone else worse.

And we have a big flaming pile of poo thread. And I will say the same thing I said first. All because Sony didn't get it's act together and pushed live a bug that people reported in beta. And left it live for over a month. Thanks Sony for all the Drama!