Tbm hunter problems

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rubiota, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Rubiota Journeyman

I've been grinding through the hunter achievement for tbm and am finally to the point where the only ones I'm lacking are from missions. So I fire up the box crew like always and get a mission and as luck would have it, get a named I need on the first go.

Group is monk, cleric, berserker, beastlord. One rogue and one cleric mercy, same as always. Everyone is max or near max aa with a mix of eok and raid gear. Pull the single named and monk gets 1rounded with defensive discs running before I can even switch to cleric. Wtf? Normally monk can tank 3-5 with disc running and hasn't had trouble vs any named yet till disc drops but whatever. Beast pet picks up agro and starts tanking like she's supposed to. Can't keep it healed ignoring the zerker and just spamming heal tricks with the cleric and beast and the cleric merc. Super Wtf? Campfire back after wipe and reset up, try again andsame results. Campfire back and reset yet again with clerics tank merc instead of the rogue merc and last only slightly longer. Very annoyed at this point.

So I drop the mission and load a 105 warrior (12k aas, also mix of t1 eok and eok raid with the sebilis visible armor) and try again. Got another named after a couple tries, one I've had no trouble with before. Got utterly roflstomped...

Now all I can figure is the cleric is now 106 instead of 105 and the retuning of HAs applies tremendously so for anything over 105 and also applies to all missions instead of just the HAs.

Should I delevel the cleric back to 105 til I can finish Hunter or just bribe a 110 raid tank and give up boxing these for now?
  2. Weebaaa Augur

Yes, that is definitely your best course of action for the time being
  3. Sklak Journeyman

De-leveling to 105 should help (only realistic option for now), a 110 raid tank might not be enough without additional support.

All of TBM group instances, if you bring a single character that is 106+, roughly triple in overall difficulty from what they were pre-RoS. Although apparently the 105 version of TBM missions also got a significant 30%+ difficulty boost in last week's patch, it should still be doable for hunter (but completing progression at 105 would likely be impossible now, barring EoK raid gear / high AA full group).
  4. oldandnasty Augur

I think you are correct. How sad is that that de-leveling a character(s) is someone's only real hope of completing a damn achievement?
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This is what I am encountering as well.

This HA re-tune has me singing the blues.
  6. Tornicade_IV Augur

I wouldn't recommend DE leveling the instances retune scales backwards from 110
    meaning the mission would be more difficult for you at 105.
    TBM particulary as the mobs have been spiked with the ROS spells since release so they do considerable more damage all across the levels than they did before.

In any scenario those hunter mobs do not scale. they are the same as the static mobs no matter what level your doing the mission.

I think they used to scale but I haven't seen one scale in a while.
  7. Natal Augur

IIRC the nameds did scale, but their abilities did not, which made them easier to do even though higher level.

HAs were always easier than the regular zones they mimicked (think Chardok for example), and I think the reason for that was they were designed for 1-2 players with mercs. Mobs in regular zones are designed for full groups and are consequently more challenging. Of course, when you take a full group into a HA you steamroller it, which is the basic issue.

I think what the devs have done is basically replace the old HA mobs with the corresponding normal zone variants, which of course makes it more difficult. Then, add in the upscaling to reflect how difficult mobs are in current content and you get very challenging content indeed. So after the patch people have gone in with their merc thinking that they were going to be facing content appropriate for 1-2 real players, but instead are facing mobs that need at least 3 real players, so of course they are getting their butts handed to them.

It is comparable to going to Skyfire (or wherever in RoS) and trying to kill things with your merc healing you. Things will probably not go well, and even if you can kill the mobs, it will take some time and more than one mean a trip to bind.
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

They need to make HA's like ldon's were u can do a normal or hard mode then everything should be ok.

Andarriel