TBM Handmaiden Mission - Bug

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hitty, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Hitty Augur

After getting Baton/Skull and WITHOUT equipping it (starting the ritual) and getting on the center, the mission will fail if somebody steps onto the platform.
    That is a logic bug. It should fail if somebody starts the mission with EQUIPPING the Baton/Skull and going on the platform and leaves accidently (without really starting it).
    Highly annoying to do it a 4th time, preparation again, running through again to get to the critical part... perhaps some devs give the quest a little love....
  2. Hitty Augur

Another one: as rogue halfing with SoS standing on the platform (short after the bridge) even if staying on the platform while holding baton/stick it says: your mission fails because you moved. I assume it is the platform/statue moving while mobs come out of it.
    So i tried to jump onto it. But as Halfling/Rogue when the platform moves I fall into the bottom because out of clipping bugs a small halfing does not move with the moving platform.

Aaaand another one: Equipping it before entering the platform also fails the mission on some strange reason. It seems the only way to really get it going as Halfling is to stay perpeticular to the movement on the side of the statue, get an ogre illusion beforehand and hope that this big buttock does not slip into oblivion or the height of the ogre compensates the moving statue.

5th try...really nasty...
  3. Bamkan Augur

Both the items are tradable. So can have one person hail for the baton and another person loot the skull. Get in position and then hand over the Baton. Then I get them to equip it to start the event.
    I've never seen it activate without equipping it (like it appears to have for you) , but i never trust folks enough , so i always get the Baton myself :)

EDIT : you posted again. But I wouldn't tank at the pedestal (for exactly the reasons you listed), i tank just on the other end of the bridge and pull mobs to there. A healer or caster does the baton/skull.
  4. Hitty Augur

Thanks for that one.
    Success now after the 6th try:

Did the same before except (btw never tanked on the pedestal - died one year ago the first time out of that reason)

- Group was exactly like you said, on the opposite on the stone of the lake.
    - Bst FD'd exactly on the pedestal, sideways of the moving statue BEHIND the cave entrance to the bottom part to avoid 3% failure of the FD AA while mobs are heading up/down
    -> Bst did NOTHING while there
    - Group stays the whole time on that stone
    - War pulled step by step between the nearest stone and group close to the wall to avoid named aggro
    - 2-4 skets will aggro through the wall (they appear at the wall and wander off) -> ideal to catch without the named (the named never went close to the spot)
    - AE-Mezz controlled the trash
    - Druids Paralyze spray for safety if Named got aggro (worked even on the named, I was surprised)
    - War engaged Named bokon at the water distance (near the platform)
    - Pets/War tanked, Group nuked/healed

- only Druid was a bit closer and was instantly oom
    - group could nuke/dot/heal from stone without being much afflicted by the bad mana-sucking spell

So these issues remain:

- Top of the platform as Halfing: you fall down: Mission fails due to kind of clipping error
    - running on the platform with equipped Baton/Skull: Mission fails due to moving I assume
    - FD/SoS at the bridge side of the platform: Missions fails due to moving statue while opening door to the bottom (Hafling!) and that changes distance to the statue
    - SoS: is unreliable strangely and sporadically kill the rogue after a time (worked btw on Beta Server like a charm) so again: mission fails due to unreliable SoS

And btw: I miss the Beta-Raid-Warrior here on live - It is hell of a difference to have 300+kHP/17+kAC on such crazy mobs ;)