TBM Group Gear Vs. Feared Touch and Latent?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Psyran, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Psyran Journeyman

Which group gear is best to get now? I was thinking of getting TBM group gear with the 90-95 augs and then upgrade them every 5 levels. Is this a good route to go or should I go back to farming Feared Touch and eventually Latent?

Thanks for the help everyone.
  2. Riou EQResource

Last I looked, RoF t1 gear (the 92 stuff) was better then the 90 and possibly 95 armor sets. Though the 75 base stuff with all the augs are good at 105 (if you don't mind the few mods that end up being terrible)
  3. AlmarsGuides Augur

I think 75 - RoF Boreal gear do TBM then at 100 pick up TBM gear again.

I've only heard the boreal is better and just recently. Though I can speak from experience that the 100-105 stuff tops anything you can get from CoTF. My 105 gear gives me 3300 HP/Mana with the slot 9 and boosts me over 4k HP each if I throw in the H Stam type 5. Stuff is bonkers.
  4. Waldagar Augur

At 100 I would grab the T1 Castaway gear from TDS. It is very easy to get.
  5. Gundolin Augur

Obviously from 100+ you are using the TBM gear as it is at least comparable to COTF T1 Raid gear (Suppressed).

Personally I would wear all COTF group gear from 90-100 because it is good, and easy to get with the DH missions you are most likely running. And you probably won't be spending the currency on the 100+ gear since you'll be buying TBM when you get there. Unfortunately I don't know the stats well enough to advise stat wise between CoTF, TBM, and Fear touched for 90-100, but unless you are tanking it shouldn't be a big enough difference to care much about and you should hopefully be tearing through those levels.

As a side note raid with LPW on Friday nights, the drops are perfect for a high 90's toon. Roxxanne from your guild comes often, and the raid drops from ROF will be improvements over any 90's level group gear.

GL :)
  6. segap Augur

Most classes can get by with level 85 gear (heroic, paragons or TBM) up to 100. Fill in slots with random stuff picked up from VOA, RoF and HA named. Save your CotF currency for a good set of starter augs from the vendors. At 100 either go with TDS t1 or TBM. If you're melee dps, you will want to upgrade weapons along the way.
  7. Iila Augur

If you're a tank, rip.

For the other classes, yeah, that's pretty much fine.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Kravitz Augur

Castaway (TDS) is easiest to acquire at level 100, i.e. you can buy every slot in bazaar.

TBM is better but much harder to acquire.
  9. Burstaf New Member

I thought that for TBM you just need to complete the first 3 progression tasks (Into the Temple -> Seal of Approval -> Into the Temple B) http://tbm.eqresource.com/progression.php)

After those the vendors open up and then you can buy pretty much everything with the tradable Remnants of Tranquility no ?

So theoretically one could do the TBM progression at 75 (when it should be easier than at 105) and be able to outfit themselves to their hearts content. I see Remnants have dropped in price to around 20pp.