Tanking paladin

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Ceassal, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Ceassal New Member

Hi everyone look tips for tank as paladin
    I am 115 been have trouble tanking 2nd mission in EW that has on giant name for the fight.
    I try to save my deflection disc for the last part of when you have run up kill him.
    Rest of the 3 missions I can tank np there.
    I have all my tank aa max out just down dps aa. I have 29500k aa.
    Gear is all crafted but boots are t2. I am work on evolving boots.
    If anyone has some tips or video help me better on this.
    I am not raid person just do pve content help people gear up for raids.
    Thank for anyone help on this.
  2. Conq Augur

This is not always a tanking issue. I just healed the Kael mission last night with an undergeared group tank as our only tank. Just control your dps on the Avatar and you can dictate how many adds up are up at any given time. Go super slow on the Avatar and you can guarantee only one add is up at any time. Having a backup healer on this mission can also help get you over the hump, so someone's casting heals while your healer is ducking.
    Conq
  3. Morigaine Elder

Clarifying question for you to possibly better help. You mention you save deflection for phase 2 (which is probably what most do and is a good idea). Are you finding that you are dying in phase 1 or are you consistently getting to phase 2 (upstairs) and dying there?

The deflection method for phase 2 is great if your group can burn him down in that time but as Conq indicates you can slow it all down and control adds if you need. If your group can’t burn through phase 2 before deflection expires, you will definitely have trouble tanking the 10 or so adds. So it might be a dps not sufficient for burn strategy issue.
  4. Litefighter Lorekeeper

Hey mate,
    There may be a few things you can do to impact your tanking experience. Just depends how you choose to use the Paladin tool box.

What spells are you using? Chaining Remonstrate + Censure + Valiant as well as using Brilliant Exculpation when it is up? Hand of Tunare and Thunder of Karana both can be applied to help with healing and a tad of dps.

Do you glyph? Some people eat them like tic tac's, I guess depends on if your max aa or not.

Using Armor the Inquisitor or Group armor? Preservation of the Grotto? Protective Consecration? Harmonious Blessing?

I would suggest clicking Blessed Guardian, click it off in the combat abilities tab then click Armor of Serenity and use 2h on last stage and try and burn it down. Or Try Morigaine's suggestion and go slow and easy. Whatever works best for you, your group set up and is successful.
  5. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

So what I do vs what other do will be different. I do use Blessed Guardian on the final stage, also I activate it then click if off in the disc window. I do that soI can use holyforge. I click blooddrinkers, my BP, and anything else dps wise I havent used.

Save gift of life, hand of piety, and all your ae agro for that stage. Just burn him down. You need to make sure all giants from the previous stage are dead, otherwise he locks at like 2-5%. If you cant get all adds dead then you need to just go slow.

So if you wanted to explain further what you are doing or having issues, we can help.
    Szilent likes this.
  6. Bigstomp Augur

That mission is about the group performing well together. Slow and steady through the phase in the arena. Adding a second tank or healer (well, I guess you are the second healer as a pally) can help. Wars and SK's do ok group dps and can ease the tanking in a pinch by picking up a couple.
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Keep dps on the boss slow first stage.

If having trouble, keep up stuns, the add giants are stunnable. Try and keep no more than 1 giant add up at a time. Have group kill axes first, as they have very little hp, so no reason to let them beat on you.

Once you get to 65, go non-dmg tank on the boss, may have to click off any big damage shields, make sure all adds are dead before putting dps back on the AoW.

Throughout this phase, use your 3 defensive discs (not deflection), and no one use burns. Two of those discs will probably pop back up if you use them in the right order, going slow. Just reduce chance of a bad round if you find you're dying.

Can go slow on the phase 2 where you run up, but if your group does ANY decent dps at all, no reason to.

Run up, grab aggro, pop aoti, a defensive disc, click epic, blood drinker's etc, and start burning the boss. Once you get too many adds for you to offtank, pop shield flash, then drop your disc if its still up, then be ready to pop deflection as soon as flash drops.

AoW should be dead by the time deflection drops, even with low dps. Adds will depop.

If your dps is so low even that doesn't work, then you'll have to dps him slow the second phase and kill 1 add at a time.
    Waitwhat likes this.