Taking the plunge!

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Newbei, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Newbei New Member

Forums are blogs, right? :)
    Finally doing it. I've been lurking here for the past few weeks. And it's just...everything. The wallpaper. The great memories. I'm really, really glad that the first big commercial MMO is still around. I left...gods, it must have been before Lucilin even. I remember a short stint where I came back once, saw Frogloks were playable, thought that was awesome, but didn't stick around. I don't remember why.

I'm pretty intimidated. I was terrible at the game back then. Never capped. I think my monk maxed out in the 40s. A cleric in the 30s and that was it. I was hopeless. But then, I've grown rather extensively as a gamer and mmo-er, so I'm confident that I can handle my own.

This is the game that ruined Bards for me forever. Unlimited Song useage and Twisting were absolutely fascinating to me. I've briefly tried to be a bard in other games, but it never works out. They're always a feeble imitation. I even went so far as to pick up a copy of the EQ tabletop to try to get a fix, but could never find players.

Probably going to set up on whichever server rates high in population. If they, gods willing, do another Time Locked Progression Server, I'll definitely join that.
    Here's to four more years!
    Geozen, Cakvala and Mintalie like this.
  2. jarsh92 Elder

Welcome back!
  3. Draconic Journeyman

Hello Newbei!

You should check us out over on Trakanon, We are a casual raiding progression guild currently in PoP. We are level capped at 65 currently so you wont have to worry about catching up to much.

For more information check out our site, PM me here, or /tell Draconic, Burp, Nemo or Sebli!
  4. Geozen Journeyman

Welcome back. I played from 99 to 2001 and then didn't come back until 2009. I have bounced in and out since then and now I'm back on EQ fulltime. No other game speaks to my soul like this game does. I miss Classic, but even in it's current form I still feel right at home again. I've accepted that the game has changed and I need to move forward with it. I look forward to being here a long time. I'm on Tunare server if you are ever looking for a leveling buddy. I'm level 29. See my character name in my sig below. Maybe see you in game. :)
  5. Duftin New Member

Welcome back! I have a lot of the same feelings as you. Played a lot from '99-'01, then '03-'04, and now I'm back again. There's something about this game, that if it was your first MMO experience, it's something you'll never forget and nothing will ever recreate.

Enjoy yourself!

Duftin Fizzlefoot
    60 Mage, Luclin-Stromm
    Geozen likes this.
  6. Whim Augur

Welcome back!

It is the community that makes this game, lots of fantastic people here.
  7. Sajun New Member

Welcome back!

I kinda did the same thing, lurked for a while and then decided to go ahead and sub up. Sadly I never played EQ back in the day, but I essentially grew up playing EQOA, which was similar in a lot of ways, and was the source of many fond memories.

I'm currently playing a Bard. It's as close to an EQOA bard as any mmo has ever gotten. Love it so far. =)