Take care and thanks for all the fish!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Katmandu26, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Katmandu26 Augur

I was one of the good guys... I ported people whenever they needed it, I buffed for free, I happily healed folks when I could. I loved buffing folks as a druid when I first started.

Then DB announced that the two servers would be split between 3 months and 6 months, and I was left with a dilemma - which server?

I tried to play on LJ a few times. I was taken aback by the toxicity of people in auction chat on LJ, where on RF they just sold things. 3 times I went back to RF because the people were nicer. Yep, you heard me, nicer. Ironic, isn't it? On the forums you'll hear about how LJ is the casual server and the nicer server; that has not been my experience.

The day finally came for the transfers and I took a deep breath and transferred over, telling myself that the other people on RF who wanted 6 months of classic would also transfer over and I would find like minded people there.

Sadly, I found the xenophobia towards RF transfers to be vile and toxic. Anyone who tried to auction off items in the only avenue we have to sell things - auction or the auction channel - were met with derision, taunts, and barbs. It went on for days. If they didn't like the prices they let you know, and let you know right away with public sarcasm and nasty attitudes towards any prices that they felt were "from ragefire to ruin the server."

I wonder how many other people will walk away from EQ altogether, finally disgusted with the community to the point that it is no longer fun to play.

My choice is to stay on a fasttrack server and not get to experience what I came back for, or deal with the xenophobic LJ players that don't want anyone from RF ruining their server.

The sad part is, most of us that moved over aren't trying to "ruin" your server or drive prices up. In my case, I was trying to sell two items at the prices I'd bought them for when I decided I wanted to play a different character and didn't need those items. Wow, what a mistake.

I've said many times in other threads that the toxic attitudes towards transfers would hurt LJ; and I am sadly one of those casualties. I wonder how many more there will be before the server realizes how much it has hurt itself.

Before you ask, no - you can't have my stuff.

Flame away, as I won't be back to see what's said. I'm leaving disgusted and disheartened, and heading to a different game.

-Hushpaw
    Gythlen and Steampunk like this.
  2. Cicelee Augur

You are leaving because you went to another server and could not sell two items within several days?
    Simone and Friday like this.
  3. Vaclav Augur

It sounds like you're just experiencing the growing pains of a new server man. Give it a few days and do some PCs to get used to our prices and you'll probably be off to a better start.
    Simone likes this.
  4. Vlerg Augur

if a couple people disagree'ing with your price is a good enough reason to quit... you need a tougher skin. definatly.
  5. -wycca Augur

Sorry to see you go.

I just want to point out that Ragefire is not yet the 3 month server. It merely gave people the option of voting for 3 months of classic unlock. We have no idea yet if that will carry forward, at all.

Content in Classic (and Kunark) is extremely thin. There just isn't much to do in the group game or raid other than just create more alts in the end. It gets better in velious (finally enough lvl 60 content and enough raids),.

I'm personally very much hoping we see 3 months for classic and kunark, and then go back to the regular 6 month schedule here on Ragefire.
  6. ImSorryButIHadTo Lorekeeper

Sold items on both servers. Haven't had an issue.
  7. Hateseeker Augur

This. So many people unwilling to recognize the sardine canning caused by being limited to Classic and even Kunark. No matter how much you explain that, so many people ignore that and just keep hammering the "you want to rush content" and "you want to rush to Live just go to Live" routine. Everyone, including slow progressers, would benefit from being spread out more.
    Drexll likes this.
  8. Arya1 Lorekeeper

right now prices are crazy, especially when it comes to krono. Prices on lockjaw were significantly lower on practically all items and now after ragefire transfers everything has been increased steeply without end in sight. The inflation of ragefire has hit lockjaw and frankly is not a good thing. When prices go up they rarely go down again which is potentially devastating for the lockjaw economy. the prices will keep being crazy until the transfers stop on august 10. By then it may be too late.
    Drexll likes this.
  9. Finley Augur

Honestly if you just take a break for two weeks and log back in nobody will be able to tell the difference between an a character created on a Lockjaw and one transferred there from Ragefire.
    Simone likes this.
  10. Malachi Augur

Unsubstantiated claim in the first sentence. Than admitting the main reason for rage quitting so early in the transfer and server span is because a few isolated instances of trollage during your public attempt to sell items.
    This Internet is not for you. I don't even think my little pony online is completely free of trolls. (Unsubstantiated guess)
  11. Steampunk Augur

I'm really sorry to see you go. I hope you change your mind and come back and see if it settles down after a few days, but I understand if you don't. I had a similar thing happen about a week ago, and that was before the transfers. I had been collecting bone chips, legitimately running down decaying skeletons near the gate in West Freeport. I sold a couple of stacks at 100pp/stack, then sold another couple of stacks a couple of days later. Then, when I offered some for sale a couple of days later, some clown piped up in General with "Good luck with that!" and said the going price was only half that. I wasn't going that low, but nobody would make me any offers, so I just used them myself on my lowest level character. Then I collected some more and sold them for 100pp/stack again. Gotta support my tradeskill habit somehow...
    Simone likes this.
  12. Drexll Augur

Well Im sorry you had a bad experience. Understand that LJ natives were very happy that we had a lower pop server and are aggravated at the transfers, to begin with. On top of that, there have been MASSES of ppl from RF trying to literally double the prices of lots and lots of items... so yeah, the Xenophobia is real. Sorry it's making you leave.
    Tudadar and Hateseeker like this.
  13. Hypnotize New Member

Shuddup Drex! you're thankful I came over from RF ;)
    Drexll likes this.
  14. Skipper Augur

The six monthers have always been the most toxic, whiners to the extreme. A lot of people voted for three months or sooner on the Kunark poll just to get back at them. Sort of the Fippy/GoD issue in reverse.

I have been on RF from the start. I have had very few issues, one actually that I can remember. And that has been since the transfers have started. It's probably a from LJ as I never had seen this clown before.
    View and Simone like this.
  15. Shmef Augur

it is human nature to fear and hate the unknown. there are some that are less or more susceptible to it. people on lockjaw are not immune to this. when all you hear is how bad ragefire is (weather that is actually true or not) and wondering it if will have an effect on lockjaw, people will be aggressive. it will not last. try not to take peoples reactions to personally, transfers have put a lot of people on edge.

take a small break if you need to till things settle down.
  16. Hobie Lorekeeper

Begging your pardon, and with all due respect, one normally looks to see what things are selling for, before offering them on another server. Had you simply asked, I would have happily told you that bone chips sell from 35-80 plat, depending on buyer's desperation. Did you price check anything you were selling? Right now, prices are fluctuating on Lockjaw, so expecting to make the same amount you bought the items for isn't realistic: they will either sell for MORE or for LESS depending on availability on said item.

I think it's great that you actually found a buyer of bone chips for 100 plat.--I haven't seen them go for so much (something I'll keep in mind when I sell my next stack of bone chips!)! I might have even been the one that said "good luck with that" (which I said to someone in general, when THREE other people were selling bone chip stacks from 35pp to 70pp, which was the only reason made the comment--there was cheaper competition). IF I was the one, I apologize. What I should have done is educate you on the current lockjaw prices, what was to be expected to go up in value, what would go down in value, and what would probably stay the same. If it was you, a heart felt apology to you, and I'd be happy to share my knowledge of server prices and expectations on items value going up or down. I may have lost a teaching moment. *sigh*

Come on back and send me a tell in game. I'll share my secrets and tips. Give me that teaching moment back.
    Drexll likes this.
  17. Necromonious Augur

When I look back over almost 8yr history (off and on) with the chars I play, man it's getting harder and harder to remember how things were. Such a long history, for me almost 7 years now of the same chars on the same server? sheesh...

....Reflecting back, I'm glad i didn't quit them 7 years ago over being angry that I couldn't auction 2 items ;)
  18. Blankslate Elder

Classy
  19. Drexll Augur

Yes sir, I am. I am indeed <3
  20. Jezzie Augur

My doc put me on pain pills, I'm trying to follow this thread but I'm struggling. Maybe somebody can explain it to me?
    The way I see it the OP is mad because somebody made fun of him/her in /auction.
    Steampunk may, or may not be mad but definitely had trouble selling some bonechips.
    Skippy is mad at everybody who voted for 6 months and is sure he doesn't know the individual that the OP is talking about as he plays on a different server and finally Kellaer has stomach issues.
    Am I currently up to date with all the issues in this thread?
    Am I reading this right or do I need different meds?
    View and Jugerrnaut like this.