Tackling ToV content

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Xenze, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Xenze Elder

Current team:

115 Paladin (250k hp / 7.5k AC / 20k AAs / augs...nonexistent)
    110 Beastlord - ToV t1 / 20k AAs
    107 Bard - EoK t1/t2 / Autogrant

Beastlord is the main, but got put on hold during the xp bonus time as I bum-rushed the Paladin to 115 with the help of some guildies. Been working on AAs on both the Paladin and BST while the Bard catches up in levels. Been hanging out in EoK t2 zones since they’re pretty well empty and they’re the ones I’m familiar with.

I would like to jump into ToV content and start progression when my Bard reaches 110 and gets a set of the Snowbound armor...but with where my Paladin is at stat wise, he kind of feels like a paper tank. Thinking about going back and back capping progression starting in CotF for those Hero AAs and free AAs/augs along the way (trust me, any at this point would help lol). Exp would be coming in a bit slower than just finding a good camp and grinding like I am, but I feel the benefits will make up for the time lost.

Anyone have any advice or benchmarks they’d like to share? :D i would really like to hit 25k AAs on the Paladin. I feel like that’d help considerably. Maybe level up and get my BSTs next pet and grind out the pet AAs for a back up tank and then jump into ToV then? I dunno. Advice and suggestions welcome.

Disclaimer: I know my box set up isn’t optimal, but they were the toons I wanted and thus the ones I’ve got. And the bards ability to CC and his aDPS is oh so welcomed. I do have a 96 Shaman I’ve been playing around with when I get bored. Maybe once he breaks 105, with the Paladins self heals, I’ll swap him in and see if the extra DPS is enough to forego the bars
  2. Szilent Augur

Hero AAs are a real good idea for all those characters, for the stat bump and especially for mana regen.

Augs - nonexistant? Conflagrant - SecretDawn - VeliumInfused , plus anniversary augs, should get you way deep into a solid set.

Other good pickups are Jann Illusion from TBL, Ganak Familiar from RoS, and some modern-ish mount blessing. The ToV mount itself, even being the best one, is likely the plainest to pursue since the expansion is non-linear. You can tackle each bit as you can handle it.
  3. Xenze Elder

Okay I do have a round of Conflagrant augs. Had enough mats from leveling the toons for a guildie to make me a set. And a few Sebilian ones from random mob drops. Secret Dawn I haven’t heard of. Just a random drop from TBL? And I didn’t even think of the velium infused ones....derp
  4. Szilent Augur

Secret Dawn are just like Velium Infused. Craft the blank, put in a bit from mission chests.
  5. Balthozzar Elder

I still have some of the CotF augs in my 113 3-box team (Wiz/War/Rng), but, of course, I'm getting all the good tank ones from EoK T2 zones on my 110 alt team that doesn't have a tank :confused: (Enc/Dru/Mag) as they close in on finishing the EoK progression.

I am looking forward to Velium infused augs once I hit 115, but I keep getting wiped on Fight Fire the few times I've tried that mission. Am I understanding it correctly that you need to complete that one before continuing with TBL progression?
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

1. Camp some shield augs if you don't have them already. These are not the best ones in game, but are pretty good: Slot 7/8 Frontier Mountains Flamewarden Zev'ran and Slot 5 LDoN Raid Miragul's Menagerie
    2. Go and finish off backlogged Heroic AAs (EoK and older), grabbing all collectibles you can along the way.
    3. Complete all of EoK progression since you're there already (earning greenface immunity).
    4. RoS progression and collections (trophies trophies trophies). Should be no sweat with greenface.
    5. TBL progression and collections. You may need help with Smoke trials. Everything else should be no problem.
    6. Move into ToV.
    ToV is a pushover expansion. I still enjoy the crap out of it. But your assessment of having a "paper tank" is spot on. The above is by no means a comprehensive list, but is a good place to get started.
    Xenze likes this.
  7. Szilent Augur

This bit needs addressing as a whole separate issue aside from character development. No clickers or augs or AA is going to fix that; there is something up with your ... strategy? tactics? something quite beyond gears. Definitely hit up a Fight Fire thread or class play forums
  8. Xyphen Maximum Augur

Nothing in Fight Fire summons and everything can be CC'd. First and second pulls you can paci down to 1 or 2 adds. Third pull I popped Fort + Virulent Paralysis on Shaman then pealed. You could do the same thing with Flusterbolt or Vinelash. Then peal them 1 by 1.

That's what I did at 110 when I went in with mostly TBL T1/Conflag. Worse case scenario you can just bow kite the entire thing with your ranger.

Honestly, you would see a world of improvement if you added a real Cleric. The 2 Auras they have give a tremendous boost alone. But yes you need to complete FF to do Smoke trials which is where TBL starts giving away good loot.
    Nadisia likes this.
  9. Xenze Elder

1. Yup I’ve got that one! I keep trying to get that 65AC aug off of Overboss in Gates, but I cannot get that guy to spawn. I’ve probably spent 5-6 hours clearing that camp and the surrounding area, and have had Hunter Gwalnex spawn about 3-4 times but no Overboss :(
  10. Tucoh Augur

It's a tough aug to get. I'd recommend prioritizing other augs over it.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.