T1 Vs T2 eok sheild.

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by DamnataAnimus, Sep 14, 2017.

1. DamnataAnimus Elder

After over 40 kills of bridgekeeper I finally got the sheild from him to replace my burnished wurmscale aegis..

However it only gave another 11 ac, along with 10k hp or so.

Aside from the different procs vector of life vs spike of anger, I'm left wondering what the big deal is about the t2 sheild...

I spent over a week camping this named to get it as stated over 40 kills (meanwhile my newish shaman got a full set of t2 armour before I got the sheild) and am left wondering if it really was worth all the time spent getting it or if I just had the rng hate me and it's usually fairly common ... even more so as I tank with a 2h or dual wield usually.

Just looking for why this sheild is considered so much better. Thanks.
  2. Warpeace Augur

The Proc - Vector of Health I, Increase Current Hit Points by 2000. Along with its simply the best HP/AC shield in game for non raid tanks. That is unless you can get a global rare to drop for you in EOK.
  3. Lianeb Augur

Shield AC is outside the softcap. So while you gained only 10 AC it is 10 AC verse any other piece of gear where 10 AC is reduced to your classes over softcap value which is .33 for knights and .35 for warriors
  4. fransisco Augur

I skipped the T1 shield. I camped it for awhile, but never saw it.
    Eventually I decided it wasn't worth the effort camping both, so I skipped to chardok.
  5. Qbert Gallifreyan

I had essentially the opposite experience. I camped Bridgekeeper for about two weeks, killing it 24 times without seeing the shield. I went over and got the shield from the wurm (harder to solo, that nuke is pretty rough if it lands at the wrong time) in about 3 hours. Then . . . I went back to the Bridgekeeper and got that shield in about 10 more cycles (1 more named pop).

Neither shield's proc fires very often (I average 1-2 times per mob), though because of the higher ac the proc would be an afterthought either way.

I still haven't gotten the darned hate mask from Chardok after months of camping and killing that named and seeing cloak after cloak after cloak ad nauseum.
  6. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

You mean Droga? Ive gotten so mnay T2 shields that I had a SK alt loot it when he was still lvl 85/86... but really I see that shield to much, rather see more armor, haha.
  7. Qbert Gallifreyan

Ya Droga, whoops. All those zones swirl in my brain. They were fun for a while but get boring fairly quickly.
  8. Xarbokk Elder

It looks much better with my current red and black armor setup! What other reason do you need?
    fransisco likes this.
  9. DamnataAnimus Elder

Lol, thanks for the replies.

And if nothing else at least I know it's not just me the rng hates. Oddly though I got the t1 sheild in around 5 or so kills. Moral of the story I guess is you can't be "lucky" all the time, Sometimes the rng just hates your guts.