System Requirements for solid FPS @ 3440x1440?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Endaar, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Endaar Augur

I'm running a 34" ultra-widescreen at 3440x1440 on an i5-6600, GTX970, 16GB RAM, SSD. Performance is generally OK but when raiding it's a bit below where I'd like to be. What type of hardware do I need to throw at the game for better performance at this resolution?

Thanks
  2. Buri Augur

I'd throw a new video card in there, I had a similar one that simply wore out after a few years of use. It still worked, just gradually kept getting slower and more laggy. I replaced it with a GTX1060/6G which works very well. The GTX1050ti is a (not as) good cheap card too, that doesn't use much juice.
    I assume you have EQ installed directly on the SSD? That's the way to go.
  3. ForumBoss Augur

I still get frame drops in the guild lobby with a 2080ti, i7-8086K with 32GB of DDR4-3200 or whatever. Pretty much every else caps the frame rate at 144fps. Guild Lobby is the new Crysis.
  4. Snack Augur

I have a GTX1060, with an i3 proc -- 8GB of DDR3 and I can run in 3440 x 1440 with little issue -- until people start getting loose with MGBs in the GL.
  5. Sarkaukar Augur

So you are running a i5-6600. 3.3ghz speed, a little slower than my XPS generation 1 laptop that is over 14 years old which still runs EQ on Win7 (boxed toon). EQ does most of its work CPU wise, adding a newer video card would only yield very little.

The settings you use for group play would need to be toned down for raids, as well as other factors.

With the amount of logging done, exclude EQ folders from active antivirus scanning.

Power Options, set to High Performance - prevents core parking, among other things.

Break up your audio triggers into smaller sections. The more active triggers the more work to scan for said trigger words.

Edit eqcleint.ini and change CPUAffinity # = 0/1/2/3 and change those numbers to a -1 (negative one). Instead of EQ being locked to one core and pegging it out, along with any other programs running in the background, spreading it out gives it a little bit of head room.

Other FYI. https://www.everquest.com/news/imported-eq-enus-52048
  6. svann Augur

I think you need more graphics card to run that monitor. Though eq mostly needs cpu, running anything at that resolution is going to take some gpu.
  7. Draacco New Member

I'm having really bad FPS issues in the blob in guild hall.
    250 fps other places 10-20 fps in the guild hall.
    system:
    i9 7980XE Extreme Edition 15 cores 35 processors.
    Asus ROG rampage VI Extreme mobo.
    32 gig DDR4 3200Mhz Corsair Dominator Platnium DHX memory
    Titan Xp video card
    predator x34 overclocked to 100hz 3440x1440 monitor.
    running the game on my second SSD M.2 500GB Samsung 970 EVO
    This is an $8000 system that should be able to run anything now and years from now.

I've set affinity = -1 on all processors in the eqclient.ini not that its needed for everyone, but wanted to cover all bases here. I think the only one that needs the -1 is 0.
    swapped around full screen and still when I enter that blob the FPS reduction is so big even with particles set to absolute lowest.

If i set AFK players, pets and mercs to remove all. I get a bump to 40-50 fps, but that doesn't solve the problem in raids. I should be having NO FPS issues even under MAX particles and 100 + players. ZERO!

It seems to be the number of players that are causing the issue. Latency is 70ms in that blob, so doesn't appear to be my internet which is 100Mbps download.
    [IMG]

I've tried everything I could find on this forum, reddit, old posts, new posts and what ever else I could think of. I'd like some real advice here.

The only increase I got in the blob was 10fps to 20fps from setting CPUaffinity0=-1 and it went from 20fps to 40-50fps with afk players, pets and mercs removed.