Synergy: Shm+Bard+ melee

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Damascus, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Damascus Elder

Need some help boosting my melee classes when I play then with my shm/bard boxes. I currently have mid 80s ranger, zerker, paladin that I want to play with my 81 shm and 81 bard. What spell AAs are in the shm lineup and how do you time them with the melee's abilities?

Shm, 1000 aa
    Brd, 500aa

I have Ancentral Aid, Union of Spirits, epic 1.5, but I haven't played him much lately and want to get back. Any advice is appreciated.

D
  2. zomb54 Lorekeeper

Looks like nobody plays a shaman with a melee box anymore.

I'd recommend just announcing epic clicks prior to pull to the group. Using the AA abilities when heals are needed as Anc.Aid, Union, etc. all have healing components. If you're swarming with the zerker then once you click your burn macro activate shm stuff. Shm doesn't add much to a ranger imo. Just buff and forget.

Playing shm beyond 1000 aa's is a waste unless you're max level. They're such a useless class!

Bards are the same if not worse. If your bard is just a 3rd box support, get like 700 aa's, the rank2 songs, and forget about it. All ya need is to invis and use the overhaste aura. You'll boost your dps about 40%. But unless the encounters your doing are failing, why bother with the support?
  3. silku Augur

Keep that melee proc up, buffs up, and use epic clicks. Other than that, unless your playing it as your main, your just gonna be dotting a little and healing. I don't think shaman are useless at all as the above poster says, they are quite the healer for groups.
  4. Feradach Augur

Definitely keep the maw proc buff up, and click that epic whenever it refreshes. I'd strongly recommend getting the 2.0 for the faster refresh.