Sympathetic proc rate?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sirene_Fippy, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

Can someone explain how spell cast time affects proc rate on these? And how having multiple procs available affects this?

ex:
    [33416] Sympathetic Invigorating Burst VI
    1: Cast on Spell Use: Alleviating Burst VI (Base 10% Chance) e.g. Cast Time 2s=2.5% 3s=3.3% 4s=5.0% 5s=6.7%

For 1000 spell casts of a 0.5s cast time spell, I see 275 procs (27.5% proc rate, only 1 proc available). How is this number determined? Thanks for any info.
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Base * Base1 / 10 * Normalizer * Proc Rate Mod

Base = .06

Base1 = Base1 from the proc.

Normalizer = a multiplier derived one of 3 ways depending on the BASE cast time of the spell you cast.

a) Cast Time < 2.5 then Normalizer = 0.25
    b) Cast Time > 2.5 and < 7 then Normalizer = 0.167 * (Cast Time - 1)
    c) Cast Time > 7 then Normalizer = Cast Time / 7

Proc Rate Mod = a mod on items that increases the chance to proc.

If you are casting a a .5 cast time spell, using the proc you listed above:

.06 * 100 / 10 * .25 = 0.15 = 15% chance to proc.

If you saw a proc rate of 27.5% there was probably something else in play:

1) The item with the proc has a Proc Rate Mod (usually 200%, which would mean a 30% proc rate, and 27.5% is well within the margin of error with only 1k casts)
    2) The spell you are casting procs another spell. (Spells that proc other spells count as casting 2 spells. As long as both of those spells meet the requirements to cause the proc to fire, you will get x2 the proc chance, and as before that would make it 30% with 27.5% being well within the margin of error).
    3) Some other unknown.
    Ismel likes this.
  3. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

Where does this value come from?

Also, I forgot to include twincasts. So I had 1032 casts instead of 1000 (changes proc rate to 26.64%)

The item I was using (Mace of Dire Straits) does have a 200% proc mod, but I thought that only works on the weapons' melee proc.

I did another parse with the HoHV proc hammer (600% proc mod), and saw 105/400 procs (26.25% proc rate) using 1s base cast time nukes (should also be 15% proc rate). So I guess I'm missing something.
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

The .06 value is hardcoded for all spell procs in the code.

Proc Rate Mods work on spell procs as long as the proc is on that item.

The Mace of Dire Straights has the proc on the item itself, so it would get the proc rate mod.

If you ran a parse using the HoHV hammer, you would have had to use a proc augment for that which would not get the Proc Rate Mod.

Which augment did you use with the HoHV?

It would also be good to list the spells you are casting.
  5. Brohg Augur

6. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

Parse 1:

Weapon = Mace of Dire Straits
    Spell = Graceful Remedy x 1032 (0.5s cast time)
    Proc = Sympathetic Invigorating Burst x 275
    Proc Rate (theory) = 15%
    Proc Rate (measured) = 26.64%

Parse 2:

Weapon = Soulsavior's Blued Steelforce Crusher
    Spell = Glorious Rebuke x 400 (and the 3 lower level ones, all are above level 70) (1.0s cast time)
    Proc = Sympathetic Force of Magic XII x 105
    Proc Rate (theory) = 15%
    Proc Rate (measured) = 26.25%

No shawl aug or other procs were available during the parses. I'll parse a longer spell later and see what I get. Maybe there's just a +10% base, or something like that.
  7. Brohg Augur

Do you have +100 Combat Effects on gear? that would double proc rate