Sympathetic Amplification

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Toukan, Jul 20, 2022.

1. Toukan Augur

Some of our characters logged in with the new AA at 0/7.
    Others logged in at 5/7.

Autogrant's on on everyone. It's not even account specific. One caster on an account was 0/7, another same account was 5/7.

Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere, I looked and couldn't find it. What's the deal?

Thanks
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

My wizzy was at 5/7 haven't checked any of my alts to see if they are different.

Is it the same classes at 5/7 or 0/7?
  3. Gialana Augur

My enchanter was somehow at 250 banked AA when I logged in and got the message that she wouldn't be able to engage autogrant until spending some AA. Since I had the banked AA, I just bought all ranks of the AA rather than checking the autogrant box. So I can't confirm if she could have autogranted the first 5 ranks.

Another idea is to check the expansion tab for the first rank of the AA on the characters who are at 0/7 even though they have autogrant enabled and are All Access. I think this is what Yinla was getting at. Since each rank of the ability gives a different percent increase for different classes, maybe they weren't consistent with the expansions available. If it's beyond RoS, it won't currently autogrant.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I just logged in, 4 chars who got the new skill. Two are at 5/7, other two are at 0/7.

The two at 0/7 are F2P accounts, so I didn't get the ranks because I can't have any more AAs til the next time I sub. That might be what you're seeing.
  5. Vumad Cape Wearer

My 120 ENC, 120 MAG and 120 RNG are all at 5/7 upon log in. I already ranked up my ENC without looking at it, but my MAG says rank 5 is 105, and Rk6 is 110 but from ToV. This is the same for my ranger. I am speculating that the ranks are probably all the same for all classes if a pure caster mage and the hybrid RNG both get rank 6 in ToV.

My 93 NEC is at 2/7. Can't say all the ranks but I can say, at least for NEC, Rk2 is 90 and Rk3 is 95 CotF (I logged out but I think it was CotF).
    Gialana likes this.
  6. Gialana Augur

Thank you for checking that out.

To the OP, these are the reasons I can think of for the issue you're seeing on some characters:
    1. They have too many banked AA for autogrant,
    2. They don't have an All Access account currently (whether bugged or not), or
    3. They don't have autogrant currently enabled.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Or they're not high enough level. Level 80 for rank 1, level 90 for rank 2, etc.
    Gialana likes this.
  8. Toukan Augur

Ok I think I got it figured out (with y'all's help)

If over 240 aa's, no autogrant happens. Even buying them, and dipping below 240, it doesn't magically kick in. It only happens when you ding (not happening to a bunch of characters at 120) or when you log in from character select. So if over 240, nothing's free, and you have to spend just enough to get it below 240, log out, then log back in, to get to 5/7 (for free)

Thanks again all.
  9. Vumad Cape Wearer

That sounds like it could be an oversite. I hope one of the developers sees that. I guess it's not that big of a deal since if over 240 banked you're probably capped on everything anyway.
  10. Gialana Augur

After you spend below 240, you should also be able to re-enable autogrant. Then you could camp to character select. When you enter the world again, the game will then give you any missing auto-grantable AA you're missing.

Logging out and gaining a level work, too. But camping is usually the quickest method.

Anyway, I'm glad you got it worked out.