Swords and Boards Co. is recruiting on Mangler

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Explayer, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Explayer New Member

Hello Norrathians, My name is Barto Windsong and I am the guild leader of the Swords and Boards Company which is located on the new progression server, Mangler. We currently have 200+ members. We have a good mix of high and low players.

We have a website that we are constantly improving and soon to be adding a DKP site for our raids. https://www.swordsandboardsco.com/

We also have a discord channel for chatting when we group and raid together. https://discord.gg/B7Wb6UM

Our plan is to farm hate and fear for gear on the weekends until we get our members raid worthy to take one old world Bosses. Then Watch out.

Send me a tell in the game or contact any member for invite. Remember you must be 46+ to raid with us. So come and join the fun.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Bart
  2. Explayer New Member

More Spam Heals

Announcer: After a series of staggering wipes, a group assembled in the land of Nagefen’s Lair in the late evening for an adventure with the legendary EQ bard, Barto Windsong. And, luckily for us, the logs were rolling.
    Barto Windsong says, “Alright, guys, I think we're ready to start the pulls. By the way, my name is Barto Windsong. Yes, the Barto Windsong. And I got to tell you: Fellas. you have got what appears to be a dynamite group!”
    The Wizard says, “Coming from you, Barto, that means a lot.”
    The Druid, “Yeah. I mean, you're Barto Windsong!”
    The Ranger says “This is incredible! I can't believe Barto Windsong wants to group with us!”
    Bart Windsong: Easy, guys. I put my singing steel on just like the rest of the server bards -- one leg at a time. Except, once my greaves are on, I make hard pulls look easy.
    The group laughs.
    Alright, here we go. "Norrath Beckons" -- take one. Roll it.
    “Alright! Ready, set, go ...” says the Cleric as he begins to spam his heals rapidly in the group chat as the pulling starts
    The Main Tank distracted by the Cleric’s spamming in the group channel sends a tell to Barto. “Okay! Wait! Wait! Stop! Um, Bart, could you read group chat for a minute,” please?
    Bart Windsong posts in the group chat "That was going to be a great pull. Guys, what's the deal?
    Uh, are you sure that spamming chat is okay?
    Barto Windsong: I'll be honest. fellas, those heals were good. But. I could've used a little more spam heals. So. let's take it again. and, The Cleric?
    The Clear: Yeah?
    Barto Windsong: Really spam your group channel this time.
    The Cleric: You got it, Barto.
    Barto Windsong: I mean, really... spam the group channel. I like what I am reading. Get ready.
    Before the pulls starts, the cleric starts to bang more wildly onto the spam key and his keyboard, gyrating his bony fingers back and forth, then, suddenly, the Cleric fizzles on his spam heals rotation.
    The Main Tank says, “Okay, wait! Stop! Stop! Barto, I'm sorry, could you come back to the group chat, please?
    Barto Windsong says, “Fellas. now, we just wasted two good pulls! This last one was even better than the first!
    The Main Tank says, “Well, it's just that I find the Cleric's spam healing distracting! I don't know, if I'm the only one, I'll shut up.
    The Ranger says, “Yah, it was pretty annoying.”
    The Cleric says, “You know, I could slow it down a bit, if you'd like.
    Barto Windsong says, “Not too much, though! I'm telling you, fellas -- you're going to want his spam healing on the tank!
    The Cleric says, “You know what? It's fine. Let us just do the thing.
    Barto Windsong says, “Okay, Ready?”
    The Main Tank begins to Taunt, Taunt, Taunt, Taunt...
    The group starts playing once more, with the Cleric flooding the spam key right next to the Tank call to attack message in group channel until he pushes the cleric down, knocking over his keyboard and causing druid to evac the group to the zone in.
    The Main Tank stops the attacking again, and begins to argue with Cleric now and says "COME ON, Cleric!!"
    The Cleric replies back, “NO, YOU COME ON!!”
    Barto Windsong says coming back into the group chat channel again "Guys, y’ know…that…that…it doesn't work for me. I got to have more spam heals!"
    The Ranger says, “Don't blow up group chat for us, Cleric!”
    The Druid says, “Quit... quit being so spamish, Cleric!”
    The Cleric says, “Can I just say one thing?”
    Barto Windsong says, “Sure, baby! Just say it!
    The Cleric says, “I'm standing here, staring at the pulling legend Barto Windsong!”
    Barto Windsong says, “The of the Walk, baby!”
    The Cleric says, “And if Barto Windsong wants more spam heals, we should probably give him more spam heals!”
    Barto Windsong says, “Say it, baby!”
    The Cleric says, “And, Druid, you are right - I am being spamish. But the last time I checked, we don't have a lot of heals that we can spam in classic.
    Barto Windsong says “I got to have more spam heals, baby!”
    The Cleric says, “And I'd be doing myself a disservice -- and every member of this group, if I didn’t spam the HELL out of this heal!
    Bart Windsong says, “Guess what? I got a Half Dead Main Tank! And the only prescription. is more Spam Heals!”
    The Cleric says “Thank you, Barto. But I think if... I think if I just leave... and maybe I'll come back later, and we can group together again [ starts to leave the group]
    Bart Windsong says, “Aw, come on, baby.”
    Main Tank says, Cleric, wait! Why don't you spam the heal button now? With us. Together.
    A long pause while the Cleric looks around at the group
    The Cleric, “Do you mean that, Tank?”
    The Main Tank: Oh, yeah.
    The Druid says, “He speaks for the group.”
    The Cleric says, “Thank you.”
    Barto Windsong says, “Dudes. before we're done grouping here. Y’all will be wielding gold-plated Koshigatana.
    The Druid: [ confused] But I am a druid?
    Barto Windsong says, “Never question Barto Windsong! Roll it!
    The Cleric picks up the keyboard and gets his fingers into position as Barto goes back to pulling.
    The Main Tank begins to “Taunt, Taunt. Taunt. Taunt.” As the mob comes into the camp,
    Press Esc to cancel.
  3. Explayer New Member

We have our first planar raids this weekend- Hate and Fear instances. Reg Fear Reg Hate this week if out numbers are still good. Sky is scheduled for Fri. We have open recruitment with our guild for all classes and lvls for now. 46+ to raid with us. Open rolls for now until the dkp site is finished. Send tells to Barto for recruitment. A lot of good Loot dropped this weekend and we had a lot of rots for certain classes. Everyone had fun.
  4. Explayer New Member

5. Quigly Journeyman