Switched from Sk to Paladin

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Diamond, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Diamond New Member

When I came back last month friend wanted to me create a new toon to tank for his group. Since I already had a max aa Sk when I retired in ROF/COTF era. Fast forward now and Paladin is 92, I plan to do his epic but unsure if I should just push to hit 100 and then equipment my 100 gear that I got or stop for a few days to burn thru 1.5/2.0

Love soloing undead when not tanking grouped with him or other friends. I will get epic regardless but how good is the clicky really?
  2. Redemption Lorekeeper

not worth having other than sentimentality
  3. Brohg Augur

Its criticality is lessened by Armor of the Inquisitor hastening which maxes out at level 95, and by the Group AotI which comes in at 96, and lessened by Spell Casting Reinforcement which plateaus between 85 & 103 then 105. The idea is to always have some heal boost running, and there's less fill needed when the best versions (AotI) have more uptime.

AotI + 58% (at level 95 when it first gets max hastening, up to 73% later)
    Group AotI + 54% (when first trained, up to 60%)
    Flames of the Valiant + 40%
    First Spire + 30% (32% at lv105)
  4. Diamond New Member

Thank you both! I will keep leveling then and worry about getting it later for fun. Plan to raid again once this toon able to tank better. Hopefully paladins are still in need on raids. I remember guilds back in the day never could get enough paladins.
  5. shiftie Augur

there Is stacking overlap
    Epic and first
    Epic and group aoti
    First and group aoti
    Group first epic
    Etc
    Not having your epic is like not being a real paladin
  6. Wulfhere Augur

Aye what Shiftie said. They all stack with each other, AotI and GAotI counting as one line, and with Holy Aura too. The harder hitting the mob, the more healing focus you add to your defense.
  7. Diamond New Member

Well since they stack I will solo as much as I can this weekend.