Sunrise Hills mysterious force prevents you from finding your destination

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by OnlySigningUpToRepo, Oct 1, 2022.

1. OnlySigningUpToRepo New Member

Category: Pathing [Can Repro]
    Date/Time: Sat Oct 01 11:59:03 2022

Character: Level 54 Magician (Main)
    Zone: Sunrise Hills

Description: In the Guild Neighbourhood, trying to find a plot, I get the message that a mysterious force prevents me from finding my destination when trying to udnerstand where plots are using the [Go] button in the [Plots Search] window. I think this shouldn't happen and it onlyhappens to certain plots, like for example [101 Terminus Street]
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

How are you "finding" a plot? Manually opening the Plots Search? Intrinsically, the find path (this applies anywhere) has a limit to how far it will be drawn, and if the length is further than that it won't draw and you get that message, but you will still get the X on your map to find it.

In neighborhoods, unless you aren't at the enterance, you really should be using the spring to get to a plot. It will fling you no matter how far away you are. Ahead of you a short ways after you zone in, you should see a giant spring looking device. Click it to open the plot search window, select the plot, then click Go from there to be sent directly to that plot.
    Svann2 likes this.
  3. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Find often fails if there is a large Z axis (altitude) change. Chances are the plot you were in or seeking was one on top of a hill. i am not sure if find has a range.

Every neighborhood in Sunrise Hills has a portal pad with a cherry tree nearby. It has icons for each neighborhood in zone. The icon for the neighborhood you are in will be colored gold and will send you BACK to Market Street, the Lobby door and merchants area and as Soulbanshee mentioned, the spring at the front will punt you to any plot in zone. The punt will dismount you, if you are encumbered, don't leave the saddle in the bank!
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The Spring does not dismount you. But The Punting Gnome does if you use him.

On both Goods and Brewells maps the cherry trees have the names of the neighborhoods on them if you scroll in close. That is helpful for those of us who cannot keep symbols straight