Suggestions you think would make the game BETTER

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zheros, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Thraine Augur

I can't help but think that someone will use these towers or keeps to build a wall across norrath to make kunark ... ok i apologize for this post in advance
    Genoane, Tatanka, Dre. and 2 others like this.
  2. Captain Video Augur

Another vote for player-created content. I had this sudden urge to make Smed a raid boss in EoK.
  3. Shredd Augur

I would like to see a server announcement. . Such and Such Guild just killed etc for first time. . doesn't have to be a server first time kill. Just a simple server announcement to say a guild killed something for the first time.
    Krom likes this.
  4. YellowBelly Augur

Why? I don't see any benefit to this aside from stroking the ego of the guild that does it and spamming every other person on the server.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. Krom New Member

A while back it was the norm to see server wide messages that so and so had reached level 50. I believe the benefit was that it was fun for everyone involved. We all got to know who was who, and sometimes we'd send them a congrats, and they'd reply. You know, kind of like a "social" feature. I thought this was a "social" game.

I'd say Shredd's suggestion is valid.

(and I recall, every time I did a /who on them, they were always in lower guk ... and me wondering where that was while I pecked at beetles in the Nek forest).
  6. Dre. Altoholic

A real level 75-105 expansion, a-la TSS.

I'd also add an arbitrary "level cap" mechanic for this expansion to preserve some semblance of "purity".

Characters above the cap, along with any heroic characters are zoned into a second instance, and cannot enter or /pick into the base instance of these zones. Non-heroic and level-appropriate players zone into the base instance, and have their choice to /pick any instance.
  7. Zunnoab Augur

Keep that garbage in other games imo. I have no interest in the likes of trivial loot code or hard-coded caps.

I do think the way GW2 automatically scales players is kind of neat though, and being able to mentor down even without a group if you go to the right NPC is neat in EQ2.
  8. fransisco Augur

I have two suggestions - increasing damage shield and hp regen buffs.
    1. Increase damage shield buffs by huge amounts.
    Against a full group, lets assume a mob hits the tank 50 times. With the mage damage shield (427 at rk2) that's 21350 damage. Which is 1/234 of a 5 million hp mobs life. A player regularly hits for 2-3k per swing (1h weapon) ignoring crits, which is 7 times more than the damage shield. Once you factor in crits, flurries, abilities, ect the damage from the DS is inconsequential.
    The Druid DS is only 358 at rk2, and rangers are lower.
    Damage shield buffs have virtually no impact on a fight. If they did 5% of the mobs health, they would need to be in the 5,000pt range (Assuming a 5million hp mob that hits a tank 50 times).
    Please consider increasing all ds buffs by a factor of 20, making them valuable buffs again.
    2. HP Regen.
    130K hp unbuffed is not unreasonable. The best regen spell (druid/shaman) is 778hp/tick (rk2). Rangers are less at 629/tick. The druid regen spell takes almost 17 minutes to heal a player with 130k hp (raid geared players can get 50k or more hp).
    What if hp regen gave 15% of a player's life per minute. Enough to make players want the buff if they do not have it, but not seriously impact combat healing.

Thanks
  9. Zheros Lorekeeper

Please remember to be respectful, as I have stated I will request a comment removed if it falls out of "grace" according to the spirit of my initial posting.

I point this out specifically due to your statement "Keep that garbage......" yet you immediately follow the statement up with "I do think....." where you specifically reference yet another MMO altogether, you dismiss another's suggestion in order to make nearly the same yourself.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Dre. like this.
  10. ---Xislaben--- Augur

Triple the raid content per expansion. Dev's don't need sleep!
    -----Cinexa----- likes this.
  11. skabe Elder

Probably going to get slammed for this but Id like to see a true campaign style progression. Group mercenary tasks that unlock access to group partisan tasks. Lock the ability to request tasks behind faction earned either from killing in zones or task completions. Group partisan tasks unlock access to group Hero tasks that require 6 and 12 ppl to complete. Hero tasks completion unlock access to raid zones. Scaled raids for 24 36 54 man raid forces with their own achievement award/loot tables. Easy mode / Hard mode option for each tier. Lock the ability to request tasks behind faction earned either from killing in zones or task completions.
    Yes I am advocating that raid zones are NOT accessible until you have 85% of your raid force flagged to enter it until they have completed enough group content to earn the achievements/faction to do so. To use the system used in last expansion (Spirit Armor) as an example. You could have all mercenary tasks award 1 flag item per player upon completion (need score of 10 to unlock Partisan). All Partisan tasks award 2 per person.( need score of 20 to unlock Hero) Hero arc 6 man tasks award 3, 12 man 4 (need score of 20 to unlock raid access) Total score of 50 needed to have raid zone access 85% of raid force required to have this score to do the 24 36 54 person raids which award 10 per person. Total score of 100 required to unlock next tier.
    Sita and Tanols like this.
  12. Tanols Augur

I can hear the howls already but that would definitely slow things down and make content actually take most of a year to get through. Especially if they made 3 tiers and released them 3 months apart.
  13. oldandnasty Augur

Apply all the instancing tech from the progression servers to the live servers.
    Raccoo likes this.
  14. Act of Valor The Newest Member

There isn't a single zone except for PoK which gets enough numbers to warrant a new /pick.
  15. oldandnasty Augur

Pick-zones aren't needed. Mostly wishing they would instance the raids. It would be nice for people who wanted to raid the old stuff with alts or for those who just wanted old gear or click items.
  16. Dre. Altoholic

We've started to see this with the epic harbingers, which I think is a great step forward.
    oldandnasty likes this.
  17. Roxxanna Augur

Reduce merc timer after death, similar to eq2
    Stop making every other mob summon, this doesn't add challenge, it adds buckets full of frustration.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Dre. and Tatanka like this.
  18. jiri_ Augur

I'd like to see the Heroic characters bumped up from 85 to something that's actually relevant. They should be, I think, about two expansions behind. They're supposed to be a tool for new or returning players to get back into the game.
  19. Llyweilun Journeyman

- A Hot button WYSIWYG Editor
    - totally Support the dual class idea
    - more Details on right click to spells and aa
    ( it has become so much i cant Keep track of what stacks with what)
    - more aa :)
  20. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I have to wonder what reality people live in when they suggest things like dual classing unironically.