Suggestions for necro gear please

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by OldManRob, Sep 21, 2017.

1. OldManRob Journeyman

I get the defiant gear is nice and I'm collecting it but with all the changes over the latest do ten plus years I'm finding I need advice on gear for my necro. I'll do defiant in the slots I can but how about the slots it can't fill?
    Compared to defiant all my old gear that I remember is baby stuff.
    I'm on FV but it's my first toon in many years so any help for suggestions for 30ish and maybe 50ish would be very appreciated
    Thanks in advance
  2. Funk Augur

3. CrazyLarth Augur

What I would do is check the gear in the baz for focus for your level ever 5 levels

Increase Range/Detrimental

look for a pet ear
    Increase Pet Power

Increase Haste/Detrimental

Increase Damage/Fire -what ever necro Dots you use focus

Good luck
    OldManRob likes this.
  4. Treiln Augur

At about level 40-45, you can go into Goru'kar Mesa. There's 2-3 people almost immediately upon zoning in that offer quests that reward decent gear for that level.

You'll also get some decent experience and vendor trash while doing it :)
    OldManRob likes this.
  5. OldManRob Journeyman

Yup, focus over stats unless it's a really good resist piece.
    But really early I like gear with hp and mana until the teens when I can take hits better.
    The gear now us really great but I still think I'll try to hit a few old school quests just to see the zones again.
    Ty for the advice.
  6. Annastasya Augur

One of the earlier examples of pet power focus- level 55 req. drops from this witch in Barren Coast
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=24562

i agree with earlier statements that from 1-50 you are mostly looking for spell focus on your gear as that will make life a lot easier but fill out what you can with defiant or hp/mana gear. Leveling is fast as long as you are killing monsters at a decent rate, so you will outlevel gear and augs quickly, it's not a thing to worry about unless you intend to keep yourself at certain levels on purpose.
  7. OldManRob Journeyman

I'm on a casual pace but I'm not going to slow down unless I risk outleveling a good quest. Augs are something I'm just dinking around with, if they drop I'll use them but I'm not going to spend a bunch of pp on since I'm leveling fairly quickly. The gear now is pretty amazing so it's not like the old cloth days lol.
    Focus effects are really important for me as a necro with range, duration and damage so I try to keep them at least at level for my spells.
    Ty for the advice. I was kinda hoping for suggestions on gear that's new to me but I'm seeing that the drops are filling in some gaps and questing is taking care of the rest. So many more quests now :)