Suggestions about 3 box combinations, Need your input

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Bashde, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Bashde New Member

Good morning EQ people! Well first time posting but here it goes, played back in the day yadda yadda,had a 60 shammy when Pop came out, came back a few years ago.

I love boxing, I 3 boxed a Shammy, Sk and Monk to 100 on Vox. I moved to FV and am up and running again now after another 4 year break. Right now I have two teams and I am wondering what combos do you guys think are the best? My main team is 87, other team is 80.
    I have a 87 shammy, 87 war, and 87 mage. I love them but I really wish I had some CC or pulling capabilities, I can off tank one add with the mage pet but it gets really fun after that.
    My other team is 80 cleric, 80 sk and 80 enchanter. What do you guys think is the best?
    Right now I'm thinking about swapping mage with enchanter and going shammy/war/enc or make a wiz and go wiz/war/enchanter?
    I don't know I may try cleric/war/enc but then I pretty much need a 4th account for DPS.
    Which I have but it's currently silver with a 91 rogue on it.

What are my best options for a 3 man group? I kept the characters on the same account, so I have a priest account (shammy, cleric), tank account (war, sk) and third account (mage,enchanter).

I really am enjoying the WAR and would like to keep him. What do you guys suggest? My goal would be able to fight named in RoS. I do also have a free heroic character on each one, so there is that too. I'm open to any and all suggestions!

Oh and I JUST found about TBM armor and the new augs lol. My 87 guys are proudly still rolling their Recondite Abstruse Armor...*smacks forehead*.
    code-zero likes this.
  2. Tucoh Augur

Both teams are pretty good. A few notes:
    1. Pulling is important when doing hard content, but at higher levels once your tank is geared and you're playing him correctly is less important.

2. SKs are harder to box, but have more independent survivability. With a cleric or shaman healing the survivability of the sk vs war is similar. I'd recommend warrior for ease of use and because dual wield DPS with either a shaman or enchanter ADPS is pretty good and also has decent damage mitigation.

3. Mages are in a pretty good state right now, and their CoH ability makes them good contributors to box teams.

If I were you I'd go with
    War / Sha / Mag

This will get you good mitigation, good damage and good utility. Note that the alliance spell for the priests procs from healer mercs, so once your shaman gets it, you'll want to use it in conjunction with healer mercs.
  3. Gigantasaur New Member

All my characters are level 75-80 so I don't know about higher level content, but I do run a few different 3 box groups and can offer insight on those.

My first box is Enc / Dru / Mag which is really fun to play but requires a lot of micromanagement and the overall damage seems pretty low

Second box is Bst / Dru / Brd which requires a lot less micro management but positioning the bard for auto attacks is kind of annoying and there's no real solid tank but the damage output is pretty decent and bards are fun to pull with

Third and probably best box I run is Sk / Shm / Wiz. This group can pretty much steamroll anything I've encountered so far. I can pull groups of dark blues and pretty much shred them like a machine or I can single pull reds 7-8 levels above me no problem

Maybe for you running the War / Shm and leveling up a few different characters on the third account to cycle in and out depending on the situation would be best
  4. Eggolas Augur

I have tried out a number of trio boxes (without software assistance) and there is a thread on the caster forum updating progress. The levels are now higher than yours, but a few reflections may be helpful:

1. Listen to Tucoh and Iblis. They know whereof they write.
    2. A plate tank is ultimately better than a Mage Pet tank, but the Mage Pet beginning with the level 94 Earth Pet is very easy to play and can handle a lot of content, especially with CC assistance. The warrior tank is easiest to box of the three plate classes. Gearing isn't really a problem and at 105, EoK T1 and augments.
    3. A very easy combination is Bard/Ranger/Mage-Warrior and the head shot zones make this particularly easy with the recent changes. Get a Chanter haste, strong bow and 90WR quiver and you're off.
    4. Monk/Shaman/Tank also quite good for group content, as is Cleric/Enchanter/Warrior. Once you are good at the latter, you have the ability to use mercs or just about any LFG on the server.
    5. DPS -- Zerker and Rogue are wonderful, but require attention. That makes choosing the other two for simplicity important. Experiment.
    6. Have fun! Most important.