$$$ Suggestion - short duration exp potions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ionscout, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Rennia .

Agree totally - I would by more potions if the duration was shorter.
  2. demi Augur

some of the xp potions were way too long duration .. iirc i think one of the ToV ones you got with the premium was like 8 hour duration .. that was ridiculous .. 4 hours isnt too bad but like others I would prefer more 1 hour potions
  3. Ionscout Journeyman

Return to the top for a great idea ...mine of course.
  4. Dre. Altoholic

Multiple modifications have been made to the experience curve. I don't think the math is particularly complicated.
  5. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea the 8 hr one are to long although i have found you can have the 8hr one and also the lotd version buff on your char at the same time although it doesnt stack with the 4 hr potions (50%). 8 hr are just to long for me 1 or 2 hr would be much better for me. Be nice if they also make them Heirloom too i got a bunch on a retired char (baz trader) and cant use for my others because its no trade.
  6. Tucoh Augur

Dang I already made this suggestion a couple years ago.

This is $$ on the table. The folks most willing to dump money into gaining XP are least able to take advantage of the current XP boost potions. Add vitality potions and Johnny Solo can spend $$$ and make it count instead of watching his XP pot tick down while he meds between fighting solo blues.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Say someone has problems getting groups for missions and they don't like playing a mini game that has nothing to do with the rest of EQ as immersion breaking?

It's not really hard to think of reasons why folks would still grind assuming you can see other viewpoints.

I only and with great resistance started using Overseer in the last month. I resent the fact it gives more exp then grinding does now. I always found grinding exp relaxing AND rewarding in exp until a few years ago.

You are right that in todays ERQ that grinding makes no sense after a certain level and that is an incredible shame to me.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I agree. Using a 4 hour potion I might only grind an hour means its in the way when I want to run lessons the next day. Due to repetitive stress pain and RL responsibilites I don't get to play 4 hours straight. I might be online that long but not dedicated play time.

I know I would be much more likely to use exp potions if there was only a 1 hour commitment. to it... half an hour might be even better.