[Suggestion] Partial Alliance spells

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mikana, Sep 8, 2023.

1. Mikana Augur

Create Alliance-style spells that, rather than fulminating when X qualifying spells have been cast, last for a fixed time, and when they wear off, triggers a fulmination that scales according to how many spells landed.

This would allow for a limited number of players to still trigger some extra damage, as well as allowing larger forces to get more benefit, making some of the Alliance spells worth casting.
    Ozon, kizant and Tatanka like this.
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I like this idea a lot. Some of the alliance spells are pretty much raid-only, while some do work well in a group setting (based on the number of "hits" required). This would make them all useful to groups. And there is a precedent for this approach... the mage "of Many" spells. The more pets on the mob, the more damage it does.
  3. Brickhaus Augur

The current alliance lines are not balanced at all between classes. And the devs have done nothing to address the flaws since the introduction of these spells.

And you want to create another thing for all classes and expect some sort of balance between the classes...

No thanks. I'm tired of imbalanced all class things that never get adjusted. Especially since the same classes always seem to be favored in these.
  4. Svann2 The Magnificent

To make them work in group content they need to count my casts too. I can count on one hand the times in the last year when we had a 2nd bard. OTOH, if its working without another bard then its not really an alliance.
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I would prefer to see class-specific alliance go away in favor of archetype alliance (healer, caster, melee, hybrid, tank).
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

7. Mikana Augur