suggestion about prestige items

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Koneko, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Koneko Augur

ok I have an idea why not make a sepical augment slot like visibles have for purity and heros forge that is a item from the marketplace to let a bronze/silver account be able to use the item it can even be a one time use augment I posted this here vs /feedback because I wondered if anyone else had any ideas on this or how to make the idea better then stated
    another idea is a box that you put the items in and combine it for a non presiged item that would say be no drop even on FV or something just an idea
  2. Ratbo Peep Augur

OK. I have an idea.
    Why not make a special augment slot like visibles have for purity and Hero's Forge. This would be an item from the marketplace to let a bronze/silver account be able to use a specific item. (It can even be a one time use augment.)
    I posted this here vs /feedback because I wondered if anyone else had any ideas on this, or how to make the idea even better then I stated.
    Another idea is a box that you put the prestige item in and combine it for a non presiged item. This would make it no drop (even on FV or something). Just an idea.....

I actually like the core thought of your idea.
    ie Sony makes some money by turning a prestige item into a non-prestige item.
    The idea as posted was barely understandable. I took the liberty of sprucing it up. :)

-Rat
  3. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Whenever they decide to make the Prestige items able to be made useable by Free and Silver members they will use the same method that has existed in EQ2; there are consumable items which flag that specific character to be able to use that specific item (if the character gets another copy of that item the newer one will still be prestige and if the item is traded it is prestige to the new owner).
  4. Koneko Augur

will it? and will they? how can we know? this was made to bring up ideas on how it could be done and also to let them know that I am guessing people also want it done because personaly I hate to see so many items just rot/ be tributed because they will get no home
  5. Gortar Augur

I think that's a great idea. When players pay for a feature (ALA Heroes Forge), they should be able to use it as paid or silver/bronze. Id go so far as make a sub only aug slot that allows players to purchase an aug that makes a prestige item non prestige once equiped. Why not let players use the items they paid (subbed) to aquire when they are unsubbed? It doesn't have to be cheap.. 10-15k for a lvl 100 item per slot.
  6. Caudyr Augur

If they do this, 'silver' players who have existing accounts from before FTP was put in should also be allowed to use all their prestige gear.

There's nothing worse than a returning player logging in...only to find out they can't use any of their gear because they were a top raider when they retired and all their gear was prestige.

It may not be such a big deal if they left in...say...PoP...but...the newer expansions it's harder to get the stuff to upgrade 'em to be viable again so they can 'try out the game' as they see if they want to return.

I bet there's quite a few who see that their gear is no longer usable (even if it's not even good enough for current content, they could and should still be able to use it for old content) and are just like: Yeah, screw this. *logs right back out*

I'm of the opinion that all gear from 1 expansion behind the latest expansion should be non-prestige. Even two expansions behind would be good...but considering how they do gear resets overall...I'd say this isn't a bad idea, personally. The 'current F2P' expansion unlocked should have all but the last tier's gear be non-prestige, too (with the exception of raid gear, can leave that the way it is, heh).

I doubt any of this will ever happen with the skeleton crew the game's run on now, though. -_-
  7. Gortar Augur

No one ever really mentioned much here (devs maybe?). Anyone thinking about this idea any?
  8. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I can't really agree with that, if they are going to do something like make the lower end of the Prestige gear a moving target, then it should be at least 2 expansions behind whatever the 'current F2P' content is; you have to give the F2P people a reason why they want to upgrade at all.
    There would be no reason for a F2P person (never subscribes and never buys expansions) to do either. By the time the F2P person is able to actually acquire the 'current F2P' expansion's last tier gear, the character is going to be high enough that they can buy gear that is on par or better than the 'current F2P' expansion's last tier gear in the bazaar. My method would typically make it so that going Gold would still be meaningful for the F2P player, but not as overwhelming if you have been gone for a long time.

Yes it/they will. They said as much when they originally announced EQ going F2P and the prestige items. They said that at F2P launch the only way to use Prestige items was Gold, but that at some point in the future unlockers what EQ2 has would be added.

Another comment upon your original idea, they can't remove a tag from an item with an augment, they can only add to it. The reason that EQ2 have the unlockers and EQ1 doesn't is mostly due to coding issues. EQ2 is better designed to be added to where EQ1 is not.
    I am guessing that EQ2 has it such that each item can have a flag that affects just that item, where EQ1 flags are more generic and apply to all items with the same flag. So in EQ2, you can buy the unlockers which can be used to give a character flag that says John0001 is Prestige level with regard to AwesomeArmor_0001; in EQ1 however giving Jake0001 access to one Prestige item gives him access to all Prestige items.