Suggested fix to many of the problems

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Elkay, May 24, 2015.

1. Elkay Augur

Open a PoP server with a 1 year minimum before voting. This will:
    1. Instance end-game raid content.
    2. Reduce the congestion on Ragefire.
    3. Provide enough differentiation that neither will be a ghost town, since people that actually want the nostalgia and end-game contested raid content can still have it, while allowing those that want instanced end-game content and a chance to raid guaranteed targets weekly to play that way.
    4. More concurrent end-game raiding. VT still has good gear/clickies even by PoP standards.
    5. The world in general is larger, so less congestion. PoP doesn't make it so big that zones should be empty.
    6. PoK - This will give people guild halls and corpse summoners for that super late night need for a rez with no cleric around.
    7. Book system - This is much more friendly travel for any newbies that we might somehow manage to draw in.
    8. Online guilds and Alla will be closer to being in sync with what the server offers for quests, spells and drops.
    9. Some people don't want to have to wait a minimum of 2 years to get to PoP. That was the favorite expansion for many oldschool players.
    10. The year before first expansion vote will give everyone time to get to PoP on a non-rushed schedule and get to experience it as current content. If people really want to rush, so be it, but they're locked for a year.
  2. Fethos Lorekeeper

i disagree with most of this
  3. Kellaer Augur

I disagree with all of this.
  4. yellowzombie Elder

So rather than meaningful, practical suggestions that could immediately solve some of the server "problems" (travel in classic EQ is not a problem. It's baked into the cake), the trend has been to propose entirely personal far-fetched rulesets for a second server.

Did this really need to be a new thread?
  5. Valkerine Augur

I disagree with 100% of this