Strongest 2HB in TBM vs Weakest in EoK

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Snazster, May 31, 2017.

1. Snazster Elder

So anyone have any data? Just how do The Shattering Maw and Mastermind stack up against each other?
  2. mackal Augur

Mastermind will be better. Better proc, better ratio. No contest really. So much so I'm not sure why you would bother asking :p
  3. Brohg Augur

Mastermind is hella slower than The Shattering Maw. That upgrade is way more shaky for monks than you're implying.

Maybe see if you can have someone on FV /testcopy a Staff of the Shai`Din (attunable version of Mastermind) for you to do parsing with? Presuming you have your own Maw
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  4. kyong Augur

Shattering Maw probably destroys Mastermind for monks with all needed AA.

Edit* I'm also on Firiona Vie and people can't give those 35 delay weapons away....lol! They're like a belt without a worn effect, no one wants them! The 23 delay weapons still are decent prices.
  5. MrMajestykx Augur

Mastermind and that delay is not going to be better.
  6. heruthemonk Lorekeeper

it all depends if you can use up all the charges from masters synergy with that high a delay weapon. from memory with crush or maw its close without max haste . that % increase to base damage makes a significant difference on the parser
  7. Babittle New Member

at that lvl you are running max haste normally, Mastermind will out parce it with the proc and overall damage ...especially because all monk builds atm are dex unless well your..not a good monk
  8. Brohg Augur

Do you have parses to back that up, Babittle? in another thread here you're questioning the value of a 20dmg aug over 16 with a proc… which kinda makes me think you're not "into" actually checking ?
    feeltheburn likes this.
  9. Babittle New Member

Asuh Bro? how are ya?
    And i dont, i hate checking things. Good call
    Though,
    When first the exp launched i was using staff of shaidin because i was lucky mang! got it off trash in Lcean
    And raiding every week, Wife Only lets me Raid one day!!! DOH
    before that i was using The SHATTERING MAW ,, Dun dun dunnnnnn
    And i saw a huge increase in damage over the next 2 months raiding exactly the same way i have been !!!!
    So science? NAH bruh , Personal Experience... HELLLLLS yuhh

GOOOD DAY sir !
  10. Phrovo1 Augur

I honestly can't keep a neutral face reading the last few comments
  11. Babittle New Member

im trying to keep a neutral face while reading comments like "neutral face"... not working
  12. baider Elder

just wait for your staff of the dragoon, thing drops like every week/.every other week
  13. Lisard Silly

order of raid weapon usage i would recommend if you have access to them.
    1. Staff of the Dragoon/Crush
    2. Grittooth/claw (dualwield)
    3. The Shattering Maw
    4. Mastermind

Dirty parses just celerity and unity as buffs all have 20 dmg aug only using auto attack (2200STR, 2750Dex)

staff of the dragoon = /GU Combat Dummy Dena in 180s, 8064k @44802 - Lisard 8064k@(44802 in 180s)

The Shattering Maw = /GU Combat Dummy Dena in 181s, 7516k @41526 - Lisard 7516k@(41526 in 181s)

Mastermind = /GU Combat Dummy Dena in 180s, 6580k @36554 - Lisard 6580k@(36554 in 180s)
  14. baider Elder

im curious how grittooth and claw stacked up? if its between shattering maw and staff must not be too much worse.

Right now I have grittooth and the incorruptable, ive been wondering which stackup is better. obviously the ratio on grittooth kills the incorruptable but ive been putting grittooth in offhand for the bonus offhand damage.
  15. Lisard Silly

I would use Shattering maw over Incorruptable/grit

dirty parses, but gives you an idea in the direction they go, buffs are just celerity and unity, 11dmg augs, auto attack

Grit/claw = /GU Combat Dummy Dena in 180s, 8016k @44535 - Lisard 8016k@(44535 in 180s)

Incorrupt/grit = /GU Combat Dummy Dena in 180s, 7439k @41328 - Lisard 7439k@(41328 in 180s)
  16. Lisard Silly

also gotta remember, 2hb scales way better with disc's which is why its the better option.
  17. baider Elder

i missed TBM so only reason i got the incorruptable was because of guild farming the augs, so its 1handers only for me until i get the staff which should be any day now since we beat eok and the only other monk already got one :p