strange aggro problem

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by asgaard, Mar 21, 2014.

1. asgaard Augur

I have an 86 warrior. A few days ago a friend (81 SK) and I were camping Acolyte Aemon in Frostcrypt. We had killed the PH a couple times and killed the mobs in the surrounding area to keep busy between spawns. We went back to Aemon's room to kill the PH again and we got a lot of adds. We hadn't used any kind of ae. I don't know how many adds we had, but it was a lot, and my extended target window was full. There were only 3 mobs in the room when we entered, and only 3 others in the next room over. We weren't trained. We were the only people in the zone

Something similar happened about an hour ago while I was alone, camping the Shadowy Student in Dreadspire Keep. When one of the Shadowmanes spawned I got a lot of adds of different types of mobs from throughout the zone: drachnids, orcs, etc. Again, I was alone in the zone and all I had done was turn on autoattack. All I had with me was my cleric merc.

Nothing like that has ever happened to me before. I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but I recently took the heroic upgrade and I turned on the AA auto grant. The only heroic gear I equipped was the Drape of the Combatant and the Doll of the Guardian.

Thanks.
  2. Rorce Augur

Bad pathing can cause this sort of thing. If you aggro a mob (or multuple mobs), and they have trouble pathing to you, they can actually warp to some random spot in the zone. At this point they try again to path to you, and any mob they pass by aggros you as well. Not sure that this is what happened in this case, but this is one possibility.
  3. asgaard Augur

Thanks Rorce. I can see how bad pathing might have caused it. If it did, then it's starting to become a regular problem. It just happened again a few minutes ago in Dreadspire Keep. I kill the PH's one at a time then go back to each spawn point and wait for the repop. Normally, I go right to the spawn point so they pop right in front of me, but I've been lazy today. They've had to come downstairs and around columns to get to me. I'm going to stay a while and go back to returning right to each spawn point and see if it happens again.
  4. asgaard Augur

I just watched one of them warp away from me like you said, Rorce. I went upstairs to get him and was a short distance away when he aggroed me, but instead of heading toward me he went toward the balcony and disappeared. He brought only 5 adds with him though lol
  5. Gythlen Augur

I get this a TON while in Stone Hive, at the top of the two curved stairs in the main building.

I hit one mob. It doesn't leave, but all of a sudden my entire Extended Target window is full.

So so annoying since I have to wait for them to come to me so I can kill, since I can med well etc while in combat.