Strange achievement (CoTF) - King vs Queen

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Velisaris_MS, Aug 8, 2023.

1. Velisaris_MS Augur

A couple of nights ago, I was going back through CoTF to pick up some achievements on my toons. I was running the Houses of Thex mission in Fourth Gate, beat it, and got all of the listed achievements. It also gave me an additional achievement called "King vs Queen". The reward window was completely blank, other than the ach name...no xp, no AA, no items...no reward of any kind. Each part of the window was just blank.

I didn't see it listed anywhere in the CoTF achievement list. Searching Zam, EQR...even just a general Google search...comes up with nothing.

Anyone else seen this or know what it is? It almost looks like an unfinished achievement that they just forgot to remove.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Have a screenshot? Log file lines? Search finds nothing for "King v" in the client side resource files.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

No, I wish I had gotten a screenshot. I was just going through the rewards and clicking accept without paying close attention since I knew what achievements I was expecting. I remember the blank window did make me pause for a moment because I was thinking that it was odd. I didn't remember seeing an achievement with that name listed and figured I would look it up when I had the chance, only I couldn't find anything about it anywhere. I wasn't logging anything because I wasn't expecting anything wierd.

It was just the standard reward window with the title "King vs Queen". Each of the window panes was empty; no text of any kind, if I remember correctly. It popped up on all 3 of the toons I was running. I had hailed the king to start the event. I don't know if hailing the queen to start it would make any difference.
  4. Fenthen aka Rath

For that group mission, either the King or the Queen will start the event. I normally started with the Queen, because she whispered sweet nothings into my ear one time...
    Nennius likes this.
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

I only mentioned that I haild the King to start because I got this strange achievement. I don't know if hailing the Queen to start it would generate the same thing. One day, if I'm bored enough, I'll run another toon through it to see if it pops up again.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Well they (King and Queen) do not get along so maybe there is some faction related reward
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

Time for a sub achievement: Couples Counseling
    Tatanka and Sissruukk like this.
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea think my ranger got that achievement when he was doing it. no reward or anything was a bit weird.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

Vox and Naggy would like a word...
    Nennius likes this.