Straight from the [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] wiki...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Arrk, May 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arrk Augur

Here is the part of [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] that people have the issue with, and is causing the biggest problem:

http://[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software].com/wiki/Main_Page

Basically broadcasting on your keystrokes to every window, pass mouse clicks, and remapping of keys in a way that it beyond the reach of the game client.

Basically using 3rd party software to have an advantage over the client.
  2. Gehlfein Elder

There's not to much in the way of 3rd party software that use the words "clones" and "automatically"... that aren't cheating.
  3. Heilena Augur

show me what says re mapping and broadcasting keystrokes are not allowed.

Because a fine line between automating when you are not at the keyboard, and just making things easier for lazy people while they play.
  4. Lighteningrod Augur

I can show you one that says they are...
  5. Darth Augur

Show me where it says the use of 3rd party programs IS allowed.
  6. EradikaterTLP New Member

Give up on the [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] hate. For profit server which means DBG is in the business of making money. If people want to play multiple toons, go for it. I box now and I boxed back in the day(without [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]). If people hate boxing so much why not move to p99? Or are all these haters from p99? Yes, I do/did play p99 also.
  7. Lighteningrod Augur

Cheating is defined by the game company, not transplants from a previously illegal server who will be gone in three months. Since the game company hasn't, it's not. Carry on.
    code-zero likes this.
  8. Heilena Augur

when asked directly on live stream about [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software], he implied the use of [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] is allowed as long as its not used for un attended play.

SO again I am saying those actions that I asked for show me where it says they cannt be used. Since IF INNERSPACE was not to be used to load everquest. They would have said do not use Innerspace or we will ban you. Because it does nothing to attempt to hide from everquest servers.

If they detect you using automation of any kind they do suspend you.
  9. moogs Augur

He just did. It's in the signature.

What is not allowed is using 3rd party software to cheat (such as warping, autofacing) or to use it for unattended gameplay which involves combat. (It's fine for tedious things like leveling casting skills and tradeskills which can otherwise result in permanent damage to the player such as carpal tunnel syndrome.)
  10. Arrk Augur

Exactly... [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] is okay to use to manage your windows and to run multiple instances of EQ ( though you don't need [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] to do this, it just makes it easier)

[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] allowing the key broadcasting is the part of the program that is causing the issues...
  11. Lighteningrod Augur

The exact details of 3rd party usage has been stated twice in the last five years. Both are in my sig. Feel free to click the links. Make sure not to replicate the clicks or you'll have to ban yourself!
  12. Gehlfein Elder

Ironic - that "illegal server" was recognized by Daybreak as completely legitimate. Project 1999 is perfectly legal.

Funny how a company can change their minds about these sort of things, isn't it? Give it a few more days, maybe a week or two at most - when they ban boxing, your tears will be delicious. ;)
  13. Lighteningrod Augur

Broadcasting (replication) is explicitly allowed.
  14. Troutfest Augur

There is no advantage over the client, it interacts with the client exactly as the game is designed. nothing with the clients software is changed. It's like if playing eq was cooking, some folks may only cook with one pot at a time, others may juggle many. When boxing, you still have to prep each dish, put it on, stir and watch it. If one dish starts to burn the cook pulls it off, Maybe start another dish. Botting is calling down to the kitchen, telling them what you want, then claiming you made the meal.
  15. Jaxarale01 Augur

You using the word "implied" sort of kills your answer.
    Truth is they have not confirmed or denied its legality.

It is on DB to make a call at this point. Will they make more money allowing it or banning it?
    Only they can answer that question.
  16. Nolrog Augur

From the (previous) EQ community manager. [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] in and of itself is not illegal.
  17. Reht The Dude abides...

They already made that call in the past, until they change their stance, it is acceptable.
  18. EradikaterTLP New Member

Lol ban boxing? Thats like saying you want a pay cut because your making to much money. Lets say 5k actual human bodies are playing and 10k accounts are subbing. Why would they cut profits down to only 5k subs when they can be getting 10k? Come on man, its all about money.
  19. Dredlox Elder

[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] isn't the only broadcasting software out there....not to mention, you can do a hell of a lot of automation with just a razer mouse, gamepad, and G15 keyboard, ban them also? Just give up the crusade, it isn't going to get you anywhere.
  20. Arrk Augur

Hitting F1 and having it press F1 on active client, f2 on the second client, f3 on the third, etc is not replication....

Replication would be hitting the f1 on one client and it doing f1 on all clients.

This arrangement allows for simple one button press to make all chars target the same target followed by an assist, and nukage...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.