Stop the Automation

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Duke Duane, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Duke Duane New Member

Absolutely No Automated/Unintended Game-play, any incident of automated gameplay is immediate suspension, second offence is a ban including Aradune associated accounts.

Its obvious now that the word has spread about using automation to stay logged in since the Q times have only expanded. If only we had dedicated gm's equipped with ban hammers to smack those people who cant read, more of us could actually be playing atm
  2. Slekk New Member

I dont disagree with you but I also cant blame players for finding their own solution since Darkpaw wont.
  3. Tucoh Augur

I've never kept myself AFK on Aradune but tbh the fastest way to fix the queue is for everyone to AFK until the server is almost all AFKing players and DPG is forced to act instead of hoping the problem goes away.

4. Thalliius Augur

i dont bot to stay online all day, i work remotely from my home at my desk.. So throughout the day I auction stuff off on one of my toons in EC to stay logged in. I used to log my 2nd account in towards the end of the day as I prepared to start grouping, but with these insane queue times now I have started logging both toons on first thing in the morning and keeping them active all day so they don't idle out

Doing it while sitting at my desk using a mouse and keyboard, not automation. I won't apologize for it either, as someone else stated, this is a natural reaction from a community to adapt and figure out workarounds to a huge issue that DPG has yet to troubleshoot and address.
  5. Ishbu Augur

Its at the point many people have to set up auto clickers to not get kicked out of the queue for inactivity, so once its running, why would they not use it?
    Aylion likes this.
  6. Nordgaren Elder

That's practically already happened. 144 minute queue at 12pm PST is probably due to people staying logged in. If they don't respond in the update tomorrow, they probably just won't respond.
  7. Name2 Augur

Because it's against the little box they click on every time they log in? No automated gameplay. You accept it every time you log in. The real question is why are they not being suspended, then banned when they inevitably repeat?
  8. brickz Augur

Can you point to a single instance of any game ever banning anyone for having a macro press a key every 15 minutes? Been through a lot of MMO launches and I don't think I have ever seen it once
    Ishbu likes this.
  9. Name2 Augur

I'm not sure why the burden of proof is on me? Read exactly what Daybreak's server policy says.

Absolutely no automated/unintended gameplay, any incident of automated gameplay is immediate suspension, second offence is a ban including Aradune related accounts.

That's pretty clear. People are automating gameplay to the detriment of other people trying to get in. I don't need to point to a precedent, Daybreak's policy sets the precedent.
    Aylion likes this.
  10. brickz Augur

I mean, you're not wrong-- it's against the rules. But, nothing is going to happen. Your expectation is unrealistic
  11. Name2 Augur

I don't really expect people not to cheat. My problem is more of a moral dilemma, it's not directly impacting me. Is it right for Daybreak to emphasize these rules, make you accept them every time you log in, with no enforcement? They're setting the expectation and marketed the server saying that they will be cracking down on this for non-cheaters. Do you see how for non-cheaters that lack of follow through is extremely frustrating?
    Aylion likes this.
  12. Sikkun Augur

Telling people something is wrong and doing nothing gets less people doing the wrong thing than not telling them and doing nothing.
  13. Gio1999 Augur

So Darkpaw/DBG sets up hosting that is lacking in performance and/or capacity and it creates fairly massive queues daily. They've also never built upon the queue system so we literally just get an average wait time and no way to hold your spot on a crash. Everquest also has a pretty atrocious crash bug (or bugs) that are yet unfixed.

And you're blaming people for coming up with their own solution for trying to beat this mess?

Are you that clueless?
  14. Name2 Augur

This sounds an awful lot like misrepresentation of the product that they're advertising. That part's included to appeal to non-cheaters and make them believe there will be a difference on this server, that ended up full of all the things they said they'd be enforcing against. What a scam they're running.
  15. Name2 Augur

What part is unclear about their rules? People decided to play there because enforcement of this kind of thing was promised from the get go. Are you that entitled that they don't apply to you?

Edit: Machen, for when you read this, I realize that their marketing material probably isn't legally binding that they HAVE to enforce the rules they lay out for the server, they can change them at any time, etc.
  16. Gio1999 Augur

Funny... are they actually playing the game? Or just standing there avoiding Queuequest 2020? Gosh they are SUCH cheaters for actually wanting to play a game when they get home. The HORROR. Don't you dare break the rules! For a server you can barely play on...

Also I think it's rather pathetic that you go after the customers who just want to play the game instead of addressing the root cause. The problem here isn't people trying to avoid the queue by any means necessary; it's that this company got the cheapest hosting they could find. Stop being such a boot licker.
    Cantari likes this.
  17. Name2 Augur

I have no love for Daybreak, I'm nothing but extremely critical of them. Yes the hosting sucks. Yes it's an abysmal experience. The people that have taken to bypassing through automation are directly violating the rules that Daybreak laid out, and that players are expected to abide by at risk of suspension or ban. They're exploiting a broken system to the detriment of players that are abiding by the rules. The people that are being blocked by exploiters are paying the same subscriptions that the exploiters are, probably more in real money than the krono I'm sure the exploiters are subscribing with. They're making the problem worse by preventing the queue from flowing. Why should they get to stay in game taking up space doing nothing, when who knows how many want to be actively playing? Yes, Daybreak set the stage for this, but this is an entitlement problem among players who think they shouldn't have to wait like everybody else.
  18. Gio1999 Augur

If the queue was predictable and had crash protection - I'd agree with you, but it doesn't. So instead of putting the blame where it belongs you call people out who want to play the game they purchased/subbed to "entitled".

There's a lot of things at play here and they all go back to the company. I've stood up servers that could handle millions of people; it's not that difficult and in my line of work we'd get in a lot more trouble than people complaining on forums and bypassing a queue. If they can't get their act together players will find a way around it.
    Cantari likes this.
  19. Name2 Augur

I'm not sure what other word to use, entitled pretty much defines the mentality that some people should have to queue, just not me:
  20. Sikkun Augur

Automation is against the rules on every TLP, actually on every server. The same rule about no unattended gameplay had been listed with every other server. It’s against the rules, it’s always been against the rules.

Them not banning people for it isn’t a new part either. How many people have been banned for SEQ in 20 years???? Near or at 0. But, it’s against the rules. Maybe you are actually shocked that it’s not different this time, but I assume most of us are not.