Stop and Grind AA or Power on to 80

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by darkdelusions, Apr 23, 2013.

1. darkdelusions Lorekeeper

My mage is currently 77 with around 225 aa I was wondering if I should stop and grind some AA or power on to 80.
  2. Chunk Elder

my advice to most people is do tasks/quests for aa and grind exp till 80. Hot T1 group gear is so much better than just about anything else you can use (non-raid) your power nearly doubles. After that, it depends on how you play. If you need key aa, then get some aa, they come quick, but i have found task exp is the best exp until about 3500. I personally found grinding aa so slow at those levels, that it wasn't worth it. It was much more effective to quest my aa's. 85 is a huge level because you can do the first two argath solo tasks and they give a lot of xp. The Underfoot tasks that lots of people sells like "filling the repository" are great aa too.
  3. darkdelusions Lorekeeper

Thank you Chuck I have been getting mixed answers on this... Some say go for it once you hit 80 you can get a billion AA in a hot group in no time. Well I have read other places if you wait till 80 to work on AA places like PoF etc are no longer viable sources.
  4. Lophat New Member

Get to level 80 asap and hang out in HoT court yard groups.. the kill quests are insane for AA. Really hard to beat it!

Also, the gear upgrade is massive. I can't stress enough.. get 80!!
  5. Yther Augur

If you don't have at least what's listed at http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?posts/5623/ I'd definitely get those first. They're core AAs (only need to get to 59 to get all of them listed), and with such a low AA count it shouldn't take any time. I know Mages can get by with fewer, but 225 seems pretty low to be pushing 80 with, since it's almost 200 worth in my list for level 59.

Octavia kinda rushed leveling her Mage, but still had around 7-800 by 80, but she's an AA nut like me. She didn't get everything as they became available on her Mage though, unlike most toons, where it's 12-1500 by 80.

Yther Ore.