Stop Allowing Transfers to FV

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by haaaalp, Jul 22, 2018.

1. haaaalp Augur

People come from other servers with their alt accounts jam packed with rot raid gear and sell it on FV. Then, they buy up all the krono. Price of krono went from 4m to 4.5m in 2 days because now all these moneybag players are able to buy hundreds of krono with their hundreds of millions of plat. This, in return, is ruining our economy.
  2. roth Augur

Simple solution would be to keep Krono separate on FV from Krono found on other servers. IE - buy a Krono on FV (or take it there by jumping servers with that character) and it cannot be removed from FV, only traded or consumed.

Well, I say simple, but I’ve no clue how hard that would be for DBG to do.
  3. Bigstomp Augur

I'm trying to figure out what is wrong with this. I thought FV wanted tradeable gear?
    Reynen likes this.
  4. kizant Augur

Or make your items no drop.
  5. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

6. Annastasya Augur

FV's economy is exactly as it should be. Free (ish) and volatile as hell.

Firiona Vie is the Oprah Winfrey of EQ servers:
    YOU GET A SET OF RAID GEAR!
    AND YOU GET A SET OF RAID GEAR!
    EVERYONE IN THE AUDIENCE IS GETTING A SET OF RAID GEAR!
  7. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

There's nothing wrong with this. FV is like a giant bazaar. You never know hat's going to pop up. Most of it is junk, some of it is outstanding.

As for the OP. If you're a Krono hoarder, I mean buyer higher selling prices are not a good thing. But if you're selling them. Getting more is always preferable. Wouldn't getting 4.5M plat per Krono be better than 3.5M?

As for people transferring from other servers with rot raid gear? I don't see enough up to date raid gear in General to even believe this. You see chase gear. Some Velazul's, Deathseekers and a few ROS pieces. And the ROS stuff when available is pricey. 30M for a generic non visible piece. And more for the visible gear. FV isn't broken. It's as it was intended.
  8. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

I'm surprised that the Brekt server hasn't taken off. Same trade rules as FV, none of the roleplay/language restrictions. I did start up a couple characters there last year. Was fun at the start. As does happen, real life reared its ugly head, and I stopped playing. I recently came back and there were like ten people on the server, about half or more AFK traders.
  9. haaaalp Augur

Good idea, but, devs won't allow it. I already know this.

We do. But, when Jimbob from xegony, luclin, or any other live server bring 8/8 raw scaleborn to FV and sell it for 80-100 krono (that's what casuals actually offer), thats 80-100 krono the server has to work with. Supply & demand.

You play on fv! I've seen your name before. Moving on.

I am not a krono hoarder. But, krono have been selling for 4m per for at least 6-9 months now. All it takes is 1-2 people who transfer from another live server with a crap load of rot raid ROS gear, sell it, and have 200-400 million plat to buy krono.. this is the problem.

3/4 of the people who responded to this post missed the entire point.
    1) guy a from server a sells rot loot from any server other than fv and transfers for what, $15?
    Sells the gear, makes 100-400m plat.

Krono were going for 4m steady eddy.

Thats 100 krono.

Supply and demand! There aren't that many krono on FV at the moment. It will only get worse too as people hear about it and they see this post. It's whatever, guess krono will be going for 5m tomorrow (wouldn't be surprised).
  10. kizant Augur

I'm not saying to change how FV works. I'm saying when someone transfers they could make all the items on that transferred character no drop. Then they couldn't sell them. They did something like that once before.
  11. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

But insert the inevitable line here about how superior FV rules are and how anyone that dislikes them is an ignorant rube. ^ . ^
  12. gotwar Gotcharms

Keep all your wealth in Krono -> laugh as you make millions when Krono price goes up -> ??? -> ..profit?

Also, it's not necessarily a bad thing that other guilds/players do this. It gives faster availability of new raid gear to the masses earlier in an expansion cycle. I know that for most of the current-content raiding population on FV, we aren't rushing to sell our shiny new raid drops a month after the expansion drops.

That being said... if DB wanted to restrict all transferred items to "No-Drop" and give Valhallah 100% market control on new expansion raid gear... I wouldn't be mad at it. It might actually incentivize the server's population to raid with the #2 and #3 guilds if raid gear availability was extremely limited or barred by even more exorbitantly high prices.
    Sancus likes this.
  13. Warpeace Augur

However if you happen to be a Paladin feel free to come on over.
    gotwar likes this.
  14. IblisTheMage Augur

Is item economy moving to PP?

As the server is drained for Krono, I would expect sellers being forced to accept PP...no?
  15. roth Augur

Obviously that’s not how it works right now. It was a suggestion (which I’m guessing you didn’t care for) for a change to address the concern in the original post. They allow transfers to FV, but not from FV, for a reason. Krono seem to be the only thing you can take off of there right now.
  16. Yimin Augur

Not only should FV keep up a free market is should also include transfer to the other free trade server Brekt ..

YiMin
    snailish and I_Love_My_Bandwidth like this.
  17. bigpapa Augur

two days ago there was a player in FV who wanted 60 kronos, then 35 ... I don't know if he got them all , but I can see a problem if other server toons transfer to FV with many ROS raid gears and can get a lot of kronos with , and can pay the monthly fee with kronos they get that way , that's less $$$ for DB. imo if rotting raid gears from other servers going to serve to pay the accounts fee,

I would as well be willing to pay few dollars for a server transfer to FV if I could sell raid gears to get a lot of kronos.
  18. Bigstomp Augur

It's not less $$ for daybreak. Krono cost more for a monthly sub than a regular payment.

I still don't see the issue though. More raid gear coming in from other servers should in theory make everything cheaper. That bracer is not so hot when 10 other people are also trying to sell one.
    Reynen and Andarriel like this.
  19. haaaalp Augur

Krono is the problem. The price of krono are skyrocketing because there aren't enough being sold to JimBob who just sold 20 raid items for 100 krono. Now the regular members of the server are forced to pay a lot more. Supply and demand.
  20. Bigstomp Augur

You can come to a live server and buy up all our krono if your server is too expensive.